Why do people Cry?

@hireshd (490)
India
May 14, 2009 11:50am CST
I wonder why grown ups cry when they know that crying is not going to solve any of there problems?
1 person likes this
9 responses
@tabsnlos (587)
• United States
14 May 09
People don't cry to solve problems, they cry because they can't control their emotions. Not that there is anything wrong with crying. Some cry more then other, and the others hold back their tears because they are afraid to show a sign of weekness. Everyone is different when it comes to crying, but you should never look down on someone because they cry. To me, crying shows you care. Now, there are small cases of people crying to get what they want. They use tears as a weapon to get what they want. In those cases, I can't stand when people do that! Tears are not for getting your way, its an emotion and should only be used when you really mean to cry.
@hireshd (490)
• India
14 May 09
Thanks for your response, yeah I agree that people cry because they cannot control there emotions. I dont look down to people who cry and consider them weak. But I am not able to understand why I dont feel like crying. To tell you the truth I have not cried since last 10-12 yrs.
@hireshd (490)
• India
14 May 09
Hmm guess that gonna happen and I am waiting for that to come just to exerience I want to cry!!
@tabsnlos (587)
• United States
14 May 09
Wow thats a long time...One day you are going to just explode with overwhelming emotions! You won't know what hit ya But you might feel a lot better after it
@Glow1971 (354)
• Spain
21 May 09
Crying is a way to express loss, grief,happiness and many other feelings. Even though crying will not solve the problem many times it will help release that anxiety you feel at the moment and once you feel better after crying, I believe you can focus alittle better on your problem and you'll be able to focus on solving whatever issue you may have. There's absolutely nothing wrong with crying and many experts say it's actually very healthy to cry.
@hireshd (490)
• India
21 May 09
Hmm thank for your response! yeah may since I am able to solve the problems I do not feel like crying.
• United States
16 May 09
Crying may not solve anything, hireshd, but it does relieve stress and calm us. It allows us to process our thoughts better because the initial shock that caused the crying has been disarmed to a great extent.
@hireshd (490)
• India
17 May 09
Thanks for the response! Guess I always live stress free and calm because of which I do not feel like crying:)
@abanerji (1026)
• India
14 May 09
tears help us to release or emotions. you must have seen people who shed tears even when they are happy. i generally don't share my feelings with people around me. but that does not mean i don't feel sad or don't feel happy. most of the times i hide my sad emotions and don't let others know about it because i don't wish that others should share my sorrows.. in that case i need an emotional outlet... and tears are the best way out.. tears don't make us weak but they help us to feel lighter.
@hireshd (490)
• India
15 May 09
Thanks for your response! I guess since I dont want to share my sadness with anyone thats the reason I dont feel like crying.
@marcyyyy (517)
• United States
15 May 09
I always think I'm the world's best cryer!! I cry when happy, sad, mad, tired, bored, you name it, I'll cry about it. Anyway, I'm a very sensitive person. I can get hurt easily, and if I don't express anger...I'll cry first. I cry when I see a picture of a cute puppy, or baby, or if I see something at the store that reminds me of my deceased mom. If I drive past her house that I sold last year, I'll cry. I cry when I see damaged stuffed animals. When I find myself feeling hopeless about a problem...oh well...I can go on and on! But I won't...don't think I cry all day...I can laugh and be happy too. But crying is an outlet, and I think it is good for you. Have a happy day!!
@hireshd (490)
• India
15 May 09
Hey thats interesting that you can cry even in your happiness! I cant even cry in sadness so this comes as a surprise to me to see someone crying even in happy times! Thanks for your comment! Happy Mylotting
@faisai (1138)
• Hong Kong
15 May 09
I am a grown up and I cry from time to time. When I saw a video that is very touching, I won't control not crying. When I was accused of things I should not be held responsible, I would be so angry that I would cry. When I was told of something that is so sad, I would cry. Crying doesn't solve the problems, so? It is just emotion.
@hireshd (490)
• India
15 May 09
Hmm i wonder why I am not able to cry even after something touchy??? Not that I dont get any feelings but guess may be I have learnt not to exceed beyond a certain limit of emotions because of which I dont feel like crying! Thanks for your response!
@ajithlal (14716)
• India
14 May 09
I think it is normal for people to cry as crying helps to put out our emotions. Most people think it is wrong to cry and only weak people will cry. I also cry when I am sad and I feel like crying. I think there is nothing wrong in grown ups crying. After crying, I always feel good when my emotions are out.
@dodo19 (47038)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
14 May 09
Crying is a way to express yourself. It's something that some people can't help. To some people, it's a reflex. It's a method of showing how happy or how sad you are. It's not necessarily a bad thing. It is true that you won't solve anything by crying, but sometimes, it helps to cry. Sometimes, it makes us feel a lot better.
@hireshd (490)
• India
14 May 09
Thanks for response! Yeah its not a bad thing but I wonder why I dont feel like crying its been so many years that I might have cried and the last time too I cried was when I was a kid and I wanted something from my parents but they were not ready to give;)
• Canada
14 May 09
crying is an emotional and physical reflex. human beings cant help it. You dont cry when you laugh? or when you get somthing in your eye?
@hireshd (490)
• India
14 May 09
Thanks for your response!! I know that is an emotional action, but I am wondering as to why, laughing,smiling and crying are entirely opposite in there meanings. I wanted to know that why do we cry, it may be now many years that I feel like crying but I do see people crying and I want to know what makes them feel like crying