How to fall asleep quickly?

India
August 4, 2009 6:42am CST
Hi All, How to fall asleep quickly? I have not slept well for two nights since whole 2 days of hectic work. So I don't have high spirit now. I can't do my work properly and in between my work i feel like sleeping. This is not good for my job. What can I do?
7 responses
• New Zealand
4 Aug 09
Hi Sunstar There are a few things you can do to help you settle down and get to sleep. The most commonly method that I've seen is to get up out of the bed if you cannot get to sleep within 30 minutes, and occupy yourself with a quiet and peaceful activity - reading a book is great. Then once you feel tired enough, try to go to sleep again. There are also several tips found on this page that can help you when you're struggling to get to sleep regularly: http://healthmad.com/health/getting-to-sleep/ Best of luck to you!
• New Zealand
4 Aug 09
*Common, not commonly .
@kavikent (57)
• India
6 Aug 09
Hi sunstar, its really sad that you are finding it difficult to sleep, may be you must be worrying of something too much. Relax, everything does not take place as we think. The best thing is to allow things happen their way. Try taking khus khus seeds boiled in milk with sugar at night before 1hr going to sleep. This really worked with me and the most important do meditation. You will feel better. Bye.
@peavey (16936)
• United States
5 Aug 09
In addition to relaxing, no caffeine, etc., here are a couple of relaxing exercises that really help. First, take a deep breath while counting to 4, then hold it while counting to 4, then let it out while counting to 6. Push the last of the breath out, count 2, then repeat. After you've done that a few times, starting with your feet, tense the muscles and hold it for a count of 4, then slowly relax them. Pay attention and relax them as much as you can. Then do the same with the muscles in your lower legs, then thighs, lower back and so on, until you get all the way to the top of your head. Do shoulders, stomach, neck, face, hands and arms separately. You'll probably be asleep before you finish.
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
4 Aug 09
Recently I read somewhere about what defective habits we get into. I also find it diffcult to sleep easily and after reading that article I was struck by one important point.The article sugggested that we tend to work or keep on doing something till we go to bed and that it seems is a bad thing. It was suggested that we 'retire to sleep'--namely, whatever work we have we must retire to bed some 15 minutes or half an hour before we can sleep. We can either read a book, or listen to music and not keep working till we lie in bed and attempt to sleep. I try to do this and this does help.
• Philippines
5 Aug 09
You have to sleep soundly at least 8 hours. Taking a sleep is essential to regain our strength, alertness and focus on our day to day activities. On my observation, whenever I think of a lot of things when going to sleep, I can't sleep right away. Maybe your constantly thinking of your hectic work in going to bed. I can advice you in a few minutes to take a deep breath, pray and relax your mind. Drink a glass of milk. Milk makes me fast asleep. Try drinking milk, it's good for your bones and boost your appetite and makes your fall asleep when your body needs it.
@rosepedal64 (4188)
• United States
4 Aug 09
I have some suggestions that work for me and hope that they can work for you. Don't drink any caffeine beverages at least 3-4 hours before bedtime. Use a lotion on your feet 30 minutes before you go to bed. This will help you relaxe a little.Focus your attention on each body part and feel relaxation spreading thru your feet,calves, thighs,stomach, chest and so forth until you feel totally relaxed. Give it a try I think it work for you. zzzzzzzzzzz
• New Zealand
4 Aug 09
try do something to relax yourself before you go to sleep...like listen to music or watch some tv to get your stress off your mind try not to think about anything while you sleep as well