How many sim cards and mobile phone do you have?

Philippines
September 23, 2009 6:25pm CST
I have prepaid sim and post paid sim. I have a Smart Addict mobile post paid plan. My monthly fee for smart is Php 800.00 That is if I don’t exceed the limit. I have allocated text messages and calls for that monthly fee. The disadvantage of it is that I can’t register for the promos of Smart like unlimited call and text. But still I enjoy using it because I don’t have to load every now and then, no hassles of maintaining a balance. What's good with this is that I can get a free phone every one and half year. And I also have globe and sun pre paid sim. I just use one phone for both sim, I just interchange it once in a while. I have another phone at home, which is a Nokia 3530. I use sun sim for that. That’s a total of three phone and four sims for me. How about you mylotters, how many sim cards and mobile phones do you have? share your stories...
4 people like this
32 responses
• Indonesia
26 Sep 09
I Have Two Sim Card and Two Mobile Phone. i have prepaid and postpaid sim card. i use prepaid for my daily routine and post paid for connect internet using cell phone. i use prepaid for daily routine because i can control my usage, and i use postpaid because it has unlimited internet connection :D
• Indonesia
30 Sep 09
Yeah, In my country you must wise on using Cell Phone. because the price is very expensive.
• Philippines
29 Sep 09
Hello gnoyvanndoroe, That is a wise way of saving and maximizing your money in terms of cellphone usage! I also use my post paid account for connecting in the internet. Have fun!
• Philippines
24 Sep 09
wow that's a lot of phone and sim cards! I only have one, a post-paid sun, and the phone is free from the line that I have... post paid is really hassle free, cause you don't have to worry whether you still have a load or not, plus you get new phone everytime you renew your contract with them. LOL. I once tried to have two phones, one globe and the other one sun, but it's just too much for me, quite confusing, not only for me, but also to my friends who doesn't really know where to contact me.
• Philippines
29 Sep 09
hello ingkingderders, You are right, the free phone that comes with the plan is great! I have new phone every year because of that. My hubby have a sun post paid line also, so this January, he will be getting his new phone. have fun posting!
• Philippines
29 Sep 09
Me and my boyfriend are renewing our contract this October, so we're getting a new phone again! i'm really excited about it. lol.
@mjweed21 (693)
• Philippines
28 Sep 09
I only have two SIM Cards for my two phones. it's from different providers.
• Philippines
28 Sep 09
hi mjweed, that's usually common. thanks for sharing
@adhyz82 (36249)
• Indonesia
25 Sep 09
hai red, i had 3 of gsm prepaid (because sometimes i can not controll my phone budget if i use postpaid service) and only two cell phone.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
29 Sep 09
hello adhyz, controlling the post paid account is a common problem. But many would still want to avail of the post paid service because of the free phone that the networks offer. thank you for responding
@dens61 (130)
• Philippines
24 Sep 09
Hi! I have two (2) cellphones - a dual sim Nokia6300 which I installed with a Globe and a Smart sim. I can use them simultaneously so I don't have to change into some other sim when I want to.My other phone is a Samsung C140 which I use with my Sun sim. I like this Samsung because of all the cellphones that I have tried using for my Sun sim, this has the strongest signal even when I am inside my room.
1 person likes this
@hotsummer (13837)
• Philippines
24 Sep 09
does nokia 6300 takes a very good picture even at dim light. cause i am planning to choose from this one and other few unit and model .
1 person likes this
• Philippines
27 Sep 09
Hello dens, Is having a dual sim phone really okay? My mom have a dual sim phone, but the disadvantage is that when the phone have low battery, I can not contact her anymore, though she have to contact numbers, I can't contact both. That's why I prefer two phones at least when the other phone is low bat, I can still be contacted by the other number.
• India
24 Sep 09
Before my marriage i was using three sims but at present there is no need for three so only 1 sim at present
1 person likes this
• Philippines
29 Sep 09
hello shyamtrivedi, I understand you, when I was still single, I have two phones already and both sim have load always because I text alot. when I got married, the person I text often now is my husband. thanks for the response
@auzi17 (43)
• Myanmar
24 Sep 09
u mean u ever talk on phone before u married. hah.(just kdding)
• India
24 Sep 09
Well for me I just have a single phone and a single sim. But soon enough I am planning to buy another phone and another sim. I want to buy a Tata connection cause it has cheaper call rates, but I am not pretty sure about the connectivity, also having a prepaid sim gives you the flexibility of not paying any money when are not using you phone for a while. Where as for the postpaid connections you are bound to pay a certain monthly fee to keep your sim active. Well certainly both the type of connections have some advantage over the other so I am thinking, why not have both. Take Care
• Philippines
29 Sep 09
hi raphael! That's the idea, to maximize the service of both the prepaid and post paid plan. Hope you choose the right phone and sim take care
@Theresaaiza (10487)
• Australia
24 Sep 09
basically i have two sim cards and two full functional cellphones. I do ahve two cellphone cameras but both their batteries are defective so I dont use them. :-(
1 person likes this
• Philippines
29 Sep 09
Hello theresaaiza, how about buying your camera phone a new batteries? Thanks for the response
@delkar (1712)
• Romania
24 Sep 09
I have two sim cards . One on Orange and one on Cosmote . Orange you may be know, because it`s present in many countries . Both are prepaid sims . I have a post paid sim for 5 years , but i think it`s better for me to have a prepaid . As about the cellphones, i`m having 2 . A nokia n70 in witch i keep the orange sim card, and another one , a samsung , i don`t know the model , but it`s an old one, i keep the Cosmote card . I use them both .
• Philippines
29 Sep 09
hello delkar, unfortunately, I am not familiar with Orange. But now, I have an idea what it is and its because of you. thank you for sharing your opinion. have fun
@VANILLAREY (1470)
• India
24 Sep 09
I started with a single phone and a sim card. Then I got a mobile as a gift, then I bought another mobile. After a few months I again bought another mobile. I managed to find a plan that is suitable for me so I don't have many sim cards.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
29 Sep 09
but you have lots of mobile phones, right? so what do you do with them, if you don't have many sim? thanks for giving time to my discussion
@xannebull (1793)
• Philippines
24 Sep 09
i have lots of sim card already because sim cards are affordable here. i have two mobile phones which of different network.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
29 Sep 09
hello xannebull, yup, sim cards are now very affordable, and they have lots of new promo when buying a new sim card. not like before when the sim cost about more than a hundred pesos.
@deniblue7 (122)
• Indonesia
24 Sep 09
i have 1 gsm prepaid, 1 gsm postpaid and 1 cdma prepaid, and i have 2 mobile phone
1 person likes this
• Philippines
29 Sep 09
hello deniblue, almost like my number of phones that I personally use. thanks for responding!
@dolmitta (221)
• India
24 Sep 09
How do you maintain all????? I just have one mobile and one sim ;) I feel thats more than enough. Sometimes i feel even having mobile is irritating. I prefer being without a mobile. Surely its a good and useful technology. I just use mobile for my mom and dad to call me when i'm at work.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
29 Sep 09
Hello dolmitta, I usually just maintain my official number. the other sims don't have loads often. You are right, sometimes, it's irritating especially if I have deadlines and somebody would send me a messages that are not so important. but otherwise, it's okay, it's good because they remember me, I would just put my phone to silent. thanks for the response
@abidmian (131)
• United States
24 Sep 09
I have 5 sim cards of different companies but have single mobile set called Nokia 6600. All sim cards prepaid. I use any sim card to get benefit of its best calling and sms package. thanks
1 person likes this
• Philippines
29 Sep 09
Hello abidmian, are all the 5 sim cards still working? do you just interchange the sim once in a while? what if you missed a message?
• Philippines
24 Sep 09
I have 2 sim cards: Globe and Sun sim which I use in my N6600 phone.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
29 Sep 09
Is N6600 a dual sim phone?
@Tantrums (945)
• Philippines
24 Sep 09
2 of each! 2 phones with two Globe sim cards... One for business and one for family... I've never liked Smart nor Sun... The first Sim I've used is Globe so I guess I'll be sticking with Globe for a long time!
1 person likes this
• Philippines
27 Sep 09
Hello tantrums, my first sim was globe also and I like their service, but after loosing my phone and globe sim, smart was my official number already. Thanks!
@anangf (1146)
• Indonesia
24 Sep 09
I am using 2 different sim card. I have GSM cellular phone and the other is CDMA cellular. I am using this two cellphone for different activities. For call my local friend i am using my CDMA phone because of their cheap price. For sms and internet browsing and chat, i am usually using my GSM provider..
1 person likes this
• Philippines
27 Sep 09
Thank you for sharing you thoughts anangf!
• India
24 Sep 09
Its a great discussion for me because I have 2 dual sim mobiles, So i use 2 SIM cards in both= total 4 SIM cards, and these all are prepaid connections. For using 4 SIm cards have a reason, I have 1 SIM card of TATA DOCOMO, 1 Sim card of vodafone and 2 SIM card of IDEA, (HEre tata docomo vodafone and idea are the service provider). The reason behind it is so simple if you want to understand..... Tata docomo, is the best provider in INDORE, INDIA. because of its rates, they charge us on per second basis (1 paisa per second). 1 paisa= 0.02 cents. So why can not I use this. Right. Then I use vodafone for my best friends ( we are five best friends). all have vodafone Sims, we recharge any one sim (in 5 sims ) by a tariif voucher of 99 rs.( it makes all vodafone local calls free unlimited) . so we use this facility to talk in friend circle. At last I run a website (you may find in my profile), and there is most of people uses IDEA, and i need to keep in touch with my local visitors so i use Idea for those people. that's It. Interesting Na..."NEHA"
• Philippines
29 Sep 09
Hello kanukrishna, Thank you for that response. I always thought that the Filipinos are the only people who have lots of cellphone and sim cards
@angguloy (85)
24 Sep 09
i only have one cellular phone and as of now it's not working. over used, i guess. haha though, im planning to buy a new one (at last! haha) but im not gonna change my simcard. As a matter of fact, it's a retailer sim, I use it not only for communicating but also as a form of business :) Enjoy your day :)
1 person likes this
• Philippines
27 Sep 09
Hello angguloy, Using a retailer sim card is good. I used to have one. And enjoy the free text allocation whenever I hit the minimum amount for loading. which that time is P3500. is it same today?
@auzi17 (43)
• Myanmar
24 Sep 09
i've 2 sim cards and 2 mobiles. these 2 made me bad coz i ever forget 1 when i go somewhere outside
1 person likes this
• Philippines
29 Sep 09
Hello auzil, How come it made you bad? at least you don't forget the 2 mobiles, right? there is still a way to contact you.