How conscious are you of the toys your children have?

Philippines
October 4, 2009 1:45am CST
Some time in 2007, Mattel announced recall for 9 million Chinese-made toys, including popular Barbie, Polly Pocket and “Cars” movie items, and warned that more could be ordered off store shelves because of lead paint and tiny magnets that could be swallowed. The recalls came nearly two weeks after Mattel Inc., the nation’s largest toy-maker, recalled 1.5 million Fisher-Price infant toys worldwide, which were also made in China, because of possible lead-paint hazards for children. The government warned parents to make sure children are not playing with any of the recalled toys. Read more about this article on http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20254745/ Considering such information, do we exercise much care in buying toys (especially those made in China) for yourself or for your children?
2 people like this
46 responses
11 Apr 11
i care in buying toys for my younger sister and to my niece. We should care for this because the target customers here is children. And we all know that children doesn't have a knowledge especially like this situation. We older people that has a knowledge must have a concern on them. We should give them a guidance.
• Philippines
10 Apr 11
We should be aware in buying things. We should look into the materials that made that product.Being careful to the things that we are buying will lead us to satisfaction.That you would not think bad in bringing the product back.
1 person likes this
@khatty01 (32)
10 Apr 11
One of the factors that we must really consider is the safety to use the product. We could not say that a product is with a high quality if it is not safe for the consumers. So, the company must make a way and be responsible enough. They must know the effects of those chemicals that they put on it. We must also be smart enough on buying those products in order to protect our kids from lead-paint hazards or chemicals that would harm our children.
1 person likes this
10 Apr 11
as for my keen observant nowadays Filipinos were like a fan of buying toys most especially those that are generated from china like for example those successful animes that are being televised on television that are being valued by the kids.i think its because these toys are cheaper that's why most Filipinos tend to buy china products rather than buying an imported products from different country which are much much more expensive. the mind set of our co-Filipinos is that their the same din lang so why would i choose the more expensive one well in fact i could buy a lot of different kind of toys with the money on which i could buy only one if i would choose the expensive one.
1 person likes this
@jhoverly (21)
• Philippines
10 Apr 11
When buying toys, I admit that I prefer those that are being sold in the side walks because it is cheap. Because toys are not a primary needs of people. So after being updated about this issue, I did never bought some toys. Instead of buying toys, I prefer to buy some foods.
1 person likes this
10 Apr 11
i really don't want to buy anything made from from china. specially clothes and gadgets. its because it easily get destroyed. and now a days parents don't priorities to buy toys because of crisis. they just used their money for buying food.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
17 Oct 09
Why did the company produce or make toys which have lead paints and magnets or any tiny things where in they know that it is dangerous. hmmm i think there are substitute to lead paints where it is less toxic hmmm ..... The company should inspect what they use in producing or making their toys to ensure the safety or their customer and the quality of their products...
• Philippines
17 Oct 09
Judy Anne Martinez here ^_^
• Philippines
20 Oct 09
Parents should be careful in buying toy, they should check the toy if it has small parts and it is really safe to give it to her or his child. They should not buy toys because it is cool, cute and other features.
• Philippines
9 Apr 11
before i don't consider the materials used in the toys that i bought but now i carefully scanned what materials were been used to manufacture the product.it is for safety that we should know if the materials used were dangerous to our health or for our children.look for toys that had been examined and tested by our government so that we can be assured that it is safe to use.we must all be vigilant in all terms and all times specially when buying products.we must be concerned with the safeness of the product.
1 person likes this
7 Feb 12
Although I don't have any children, I'm still aware of that chinese-made toys because i have also nieces and nephews. Even though chinese products are cheaper, mothers should always be aware in what toys they will buy for their children. Before purchasing the product, they should always be reading the informations that are stated in the box to avoid accident. Chinese products are always hazardous because of the ingredients that they use in manufacturing. So again, Mothers should always aware and choose the best for their children.
@nhovex (12)
8 Feb 12
When my cousin send me to buy toys for her kid I look at first the name of the country that produced the product, if it was china made i leave even though that it is beautiful.I also look the brand name.I look into other toys that was in good quality.I'd rather buy the toys that was made in the Philippines,It is safe and aside from that i have buy the product of my own country.We should not be fund in the imports product to avoid such cases.
8 Feb 12
When i buy toys i usually make sure that it is not made in china.This is not because of the place itself but the products that is imported here in Philippines. Now a days, many issue about the china made toys are been positive to lead paint and other matters that could harm.Though some had been recalled, i cannot still ensure that the other products are safe. We should keep in mind that we can't make sure that people younger than us who still play toys wouldn't put it in their mouth. For now, i still prefer foods than toys.
8 Feb 12
oftentimes, my niece insisting me to buy such toys. Yes for such reason that I considered the informations of the toys that we are buying. It is because for the safety of my niece and the health of her also is affected if such toys are very bad to her. Made in China is somewhat not good to the children because of the issue that they have encounter for the past years. Its a bad reputation to them in having this kind of issue that they have suffered.
@zshen18 (12)
8 Feb 12
I don't have children but i have younger brother, i always told them not to buy toys made in china because all i know Chinese products are easily destroyed and less quality when it comes to health and safety.
@aims0824 (12)
9 Feb 12
As a mother of a young girl who loves Barbie a lot, I paused when I read this article. I can't imagine that even well known companies like Mattel are now being engaged in product recall. Nowadays, we can't really tell so I won't be surprised if I'll be hearing similar news in the future. As parents, we need to be more conscious about the stuff that we're giving to our kids. Exposing to those dangerous materials concerns much of the health of our children. We need to pay more time and attention when choosing what to buy. I often buy toys from SM and Toy Kingdom but I admit that I also buy stuff at stores downtown and I felt guilty about it considering that one of those that I bought is also contaminated. Anyway, no serious incident took place within 5 years... I'm thankful for that..
• Australia
11 Apr 11
Yes i still have 1 of those lead paint racing cars it was quite expensive and its elmo. I know this item was recalled i took it away from my child of course who is often popping things into his mouth!! Just to make sure he was safe... but this day and age i think people should expect more from the big businesses, we know so much more know its important to put peoples health as a number 1 prirority!
23 Feb 10
I don't have children yet but i am conscious with the toys my nephew and niece have. I really put some attention to the toys they have specially when the toy is some like suspicious to where was it made, what are the component of it, and the raw materials used in creating that toy. Also with the toys which are very small, I do sometime put them away with them because they might swallow it.
@Bausta (15)
• Philippines
23 Feb 10
In choosing a toy it is better if you check the content. Check the part if it is OK for a young children. Never buy a toy that does not suit to the child's age. In line with this article, the producer must consider the cause and effect of their product to their customers. They should test it first before mixing it to the toy. For me, my mother doesn't buy a toy specially made in Chinese but my younger siblings buy their own. In with this they were scold by my parents. So be careful always check the labels especially those made in China.
24 Feb 10
Yes, because we are talking about life and safety to children.In my case, my sister and I have a large age gap, I am older than her for 8 years. Off course she loves playing toys and I do not, my role in life as a sister is to make sure that she is safe because she is my sister. Sometimes, I can hardly ask her not to buy products that is made in China or any brands that is not popular because the materials that are being used are small or tiny that a child cannot even notice that it is dangerous.
@Marikaru (47)
• Philippines
11 Apr 11
In buying baby toys I don't have much knowledge so I let my mother choose and inspect it for me Every Christmas I gave gifts to my nephews and nieces and they love it. Safety is very important especially when it comes to babies and toddlers. Sometimes they put the toys in their mouths. So, all the producers of toys must inspect their products first before releasing them.
31 Jan 12
ADDITIONAL POINTS The Mattel Inc., must have some research first before making such toys that are hazardous to the health of ht children. Although I don't have any children, I have a younger brother and sisters that are fun of playing toys that are especially mad in China. Well, it is because most of the toys in the market are made from China even clothes. So, even my parents always chose the toys that have a good standard, we can never tell that it has also a good quality. So, the company must produce again a toys that are not hazardous to the health of the children, or else their customers will all gone. They must also make sure the safeness of the products that produce in the market.