Quality based on features

Philippines
November 22, 2009 11:08pm CST
Even if the overall quality of a product can't be measured on the features alone, many of us buy products based on its features. Features are said to be the bells and whistles of a product. These are those that get us attracted to certain products. For instance, the color of a product is a common feature that people look into. What are the features of a product that you tend to be easily attracted to? Why?
71 responses
10 Apr 11
i am easily attracted to the package of a product, some consumers sometimes buy products they don't really need or not intended for purchase because they are easily attracted to th package and design of a product... the features of a product because sometimes they find it as a need..
1 person likes this
10 Apr 11
the package and features of a product also differentiates it to the products of the competitors..
• Philippines
25 Nov 09
Some features of a product that I usually attracted easily are the following: 1. Design/Style, because I have the mentality that if will purchase such product,it will give me a satisfying result. For example, when I am buying t-shirt, I prefer the one that has stripes design because I believe that it can make my body look better. 2. Price, because I purchase products base on my purchasing power. Honestly, I always experiencing of a situation that I like a particular product but my purchasing power cannot afford it. With this, I look for another product that can substitute my desired product and ca cater my purchasing ability. For example, I like clothes that are authentic, we all know that those clothes are very expensive,as a substitute, I prefer cloths that are imitations. 3. Indifference of the product or uniqueness, because I always want that my things are not identical with the other person's things. I patronize product which are rarely seen in my usual place. These products are also known as "product of creative minds" of the manufacturers. :-):-):-)
1 person likes this
• Philippines
26 Nov 09
It always pays off to be unique mona_02!
@Opal26 (17679)
• United States
23 Nov 09
Hey dolce! Nice to see ya again! How've ya been? I tend to buy items based on brands usually and will try to read up on whatever it is I'm buying, especially if it is a "big ticket item" like a tv or stereo or something like that! I am more interested these days in overall performance and the ease of usage! I don't like things that are too complicated to use! Unless I am buying something like a camera and it has all the features I am looking for, is easy to operate and then has a "color choice" then I might be interested in the color!
1 person likes this
• Philippines
24 Nov 09
Hey Opal! I am doing great! Yeah, it's been a while huh?
@bounce58 (17387)
• Canada
23 Nov 09
I used to be a package engineer, and that bells and whistles you mention are the features we often define. Marketing people would just come up to us and say, we want this, we want that. And it is often up to us to make sure that what they want are realistic. Realistic in terms of being manufacturable. Personally, I like clamshells which not only protect the product, but also stands the product on a shelf for visibility.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
24 Nov 09
It is difficult to satisfy the needs of our stakeholders. Some of them ask for things that are difficult, if not impossible, to produce. Somehow, this serves as a challenge for the manager / business-owner.
• Philippines
24 Nov 09
The features of a product that I tend to be easily attracted to is the packaging. It is because the packaging is the most thing that the customers look for. If the packaging has a damage the customer will surely reject it. Then next is the product it self.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
26 Nov 09
The product because it helps the consumer to choose well.
• Philippines
24 Nov 09
Well, it is not features alone. We have the different dimensions of quality in manufacturing and features is one of them. We cannot really rely on the features, we must look into its purposes why we are buying these products, we should be practical nowadays because our resources are now scarce.Thus, we should not be fooled by those products with so many features.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
24 Nov 09
Does that mean you do not even consider the features of a product at all?
• Philippines
26 Nov 09
People really do buy products because of its features. In my case, something that is somewhat connected on my personality attracts me the most. Products that are a bit Gothic and is really hard to find;that proves that it is really unique. Recycled products also catch my attention because I love innovating things. This is so because it gives me a wide imagination and understanding how people think of creating something sublime and stimulating.These inducements are the bells and whistles that snaps me of buying things. A very good site...^^.. Have a great day...
1 person likes this
11 Apr 11
For me, i based my quality to its durability and to its use over its features. But when the features is the topic, i prefer to those product that is in demand today. Like for example on the cellphone i look in the touchscreen, its color is blue. I like also those cellphone that has a good capture of camera because i am fun of taking pictures of any moment of my life.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
9 Apr 11
i am really attracted to those products that have stylish design for men...in choosing mobile phones i choose a phone that is really made or has a color or design that is dedicated for men.for me it shows masculinity.haha.one more is the applications that is has.like easy navigation and management of the contents. features are big considerations for me choosing what product should i buy.
1 person likes this
@khatty01 (32)
9 Apr 11
I usually get attracted to the uniqueness of the particular product and also if its color is black, white, pink or purple. There are times that I am attracted with the simplicity of the product. But I don't just buy a certain product. I buy products which I can afford, very useful and if it suits me. I get easily attracted also to those products which are branded because they are with high quality. And if I am much attracted with something, I would not consider the price especially if I know that it would be worth it.
1 person likes this
10 Apr 11
i usually tend to be easily attracted on a features of a product that are eye catching and unique on its own way, like for example a cellphone which would slide sideways and not the usual upward ways, a digital camera which has a dual cam which is located on the front and the other one is on the back side, and those are the feature of a gadget which i am attracted the most.
1 person likes this
@jhoverly (21)
• Philippines
10 Apr 11
I tend to be attracted to products that have unique style. For example , I am attracted to t-shirts that has a unique design but not much on its color. Sometimes I consider the brand of the product as its 'bells and whistles'.
1 person likes this
10 Apr 11
i easily get attracted to the designs of a product. also the uniqueness of it. some times people always refer to the physical appearance of a product. they want a product that could get attention by their friends. its like to show off what they got.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
10 Apr 11
A product that is unique will easily get my attention.Specially in shoes i am easily attracted to the nice design of the shoes even in the color of the shoes.Because i think if i have that shoes i am the only person using it.those things are the things that catches my attention.
1 person likes this
26 Nov 09
It is indeed that most of us are attracted easily to the features of a product. For me i easily get attracted to the color of a certain product and the design of it, For example, when buying shirt I honestly get attracted to the design and it's color and sometimes I don't notice t5he quality of the product and that was my big mistake.. haha sometimes I often repeat this kind of stuff because of the design not the quality itself.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
25 Nov 09
The color of the product that attracts me most.I love light colors like light green,light blue and light pink.When it comes to clothes I am meticulous in choosing their color.I see to it that the color is the one I love it because it is useless buying those things If it is not my taste.Most of the time I do not used things which I don't like its colors..One thing more that attracts me most is that if the product has a unique style or design.It is different from the others wherein if people see it they will say "wow where did you buy that product?"
1 person likes this
@peehnk (2)
• Philippines
26 Nov 09
i am easily attracted with the design and color of a certain product. i love pink so much. I feel pretty in pink and i find it glamorous. So whenever I buy something, pink stuffs are on the top of my priority. With the design, i like those products that has a crown design and i hate shirts with those that has anime design or cartoon characters.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
25 Nov 09
for me, the features of the product that tend to attract me is the appearance whether it is branded or not like colors and texture of the product. Most buyers like me easily catch their attention on how a product is presented. an example is, buying a pair of shoes that is imitated. First i used to look whether the color is nice and easily fits the clothes i wear and the texture of the shoes that has a big difference between the imitated one. But nowadays being a practical buyer you can see that almost branded clothes or shoes are imitated and it depends on the buyer which product is more affordable and has a good quality.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
25 Nov 09
As a consumer I usually get attracted to the physical appearance/design, color and content of a certain product.In buying, I don't just buy certain product. I also consider its quality and even its price if I can afford to buy it or not. For example,shoes. Before I buy a pair of shoes, I look first at the design and its style if it will satisfy me or not. In terms of color, I take a look at it for me to know if it will fit or suit the dress that I'm going to wear.In terms price, of course I see to it that the price that I'm going to pay will correspond to the quality of the product that I'm going to purchase.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
25 Nov 09
I am easily attracted with the physical appearance of a product, the cuts and the colors and the brand. Then after the physical appearance next is the function/s of it, how useful would be to me. It must also have the X - factor, which makes the product attractive and unique to other product which offer the same function. And the price must be affordable for me to buy the product or else I will go home and just sleep and eat.
1 person likes this