Are your pictures in Digital or Printed Copies?

Philippines
January 17, 2010 9:36am CST
For quite a while now, I have observed that many people prefer to keep digital copies of their pictures. I rarely see people going to the photo studio to have films developed or have digital copies printed. Many of my friends now use a digital frame at home where pictures are stored and played. Many of them do not have photo albums to share anymore. In my case, I do keep a lot of digital copies. If I had to have some printed, then so be it. But gone are the days when I should have at least two photo albums immediately after an affair as I would surely fill them up with pictures. How about you? Are your pictures in printed copies or digital copies?
5 people like this
54 responses
• India
18 Jan 10
I have digital copies. But recently I found out that the cost of printing the digital copies is way low and I'm planning to get some of the best photos printed and an album made so that I can share it with people who do not have a computer. I usually photograph flowers and wildlife. So I think these photos will make good postcards. The reason why I maintain only digital copies is that managing the printed copies is a pain. They usually get spoilt with time and are hard to maintain. bourne
• United States
17 Jan 10
I have two digital cameras and I have a lot of digital pictures because I have my own photo shop. I have a lot of printed and digital copies of pictures all over my house, and I have of my new cat, Lucky. I am the kind of person who believes that people should always have updated pictures of themselves in case of an emergency or in case someone passes on. I have a lot of pictures of myself in case anything happens to me. I have a lot of pictures of my mother and grandmother as well. You never know what could happen or what will happen, and at least you have those pictures in case something does.
• Estonia
17 Jan 10
I also keep my photos in digital form. There are a couple of gigabytes on my PC. Nevertheless, I tend to make some printed copies of them for my family album too, I choose photos from most important occasions and make some 2-3 copies of each. It's also good to send printed photos in an envelope to relatives living outside my country. A printed photo has a lot more meaning, than digital one.
1 person likes this
@nautilus33 (1827)
17 Jan 10
HI! The most of my photos are digital. I haven't got so much money to print all of them, because I have more than 13 000 photos, but they all are burned on DVD's, because I think it is dangerous to store them only on my hard drive, because there are many hackers nowadays, who can make everything! I also have many printed photos, but they are not so many! And the most of them are from my childhood, when I haven't got a digital camera!
• United States
17 Jan 10
I agree about not solely saving pictures to your hard drive and backing then up to DVD or some other external storage device. Not only because of hackers, but (God forbid!) what if your computer should crash?! And you lost everything? It is always a good idea to back up everything, especially photographs which are usually a once-in-a-lifetime shot (no pun intended).
@nhovex (12)
8 Feb 12
my pictures are in digital copies,aside from not having time to go to studio to be printed it will lessen my expenses.It is easy for me to upload in case that i need to upload it to the computer compared to the printed copies that you need to go to shop to be scanned before uploading.I can easily found on the digital because i know when i took that picture it is easy to find while in printed copies i don't know where i place most specially if there are many albums at home.I preferred the digital copies because the when i put the printed copies on the album when i have visitors and let them view my pictures they took some until all my pictures gone.They keep on saying that remembrance when i asked them to return.
@zshen18 (12)
8 Feb 12
I prefer printed copies because I love arranging and decorating pictures on my albums.
@sweet_pea (3322)
• Philippines
21 Apr 11
My mom kept a lot of pictures and albums of me when I was a child. I only have an album for my baby on his first year, but most of our pictures are digital copies. I haven’t got the time to have them printed and arranged in an album. Although, I really wanted to do it so we can look at them when we want to reminisce the good all days.
@Marikaru (47)
• Philippines
11 Apr 11
Instead of printing I save some of my fave photos in my cellphone. It is more practical and handy. You can just view your images out of your cellphone whenever you like. I do keep some of the copies in my laptop and save them as my background picture. Some of photos are being saved in my flash drive so I can bring them anywhere.
@jannray (20)
• Philippines
10 Apr 11
We have a lot of printed pictures that were printed and we also have some digital copies that are kept. But I don't have a lot of photo albums with digital copies. I can say that Digital copies are with good quality. They are not destroyed easily and you can edit some of the pictures. You can also enhance it if it is not that clear.
@megrez (11)
11 Apr 11
My pictures are all in digital copies, I keep it on my laptop, external hard drive and in my blog in multiply. As I want it to be printed, I am kinda concern on the effort (editing) and money that I will be use in printing because its a lot. Unless on the time I did photography as my sideline, I really need to print it because its a work- I had payment for my service and for all the cost I spend. But for the (casual) photos that I took with my family, friends, and for the "love to photography" I just simply keep them and show it to the people involved on that picture or to those who are related and connected to me. Yet sometimes I tried to share it online like in deviantart.com, flickr.com, community for all artists and to all art appreciator. * I would love to have a photo album or even scrapbook for documentation of the photos or "memories" if I have given an extra money to spend in printing, time for editing, and also it is better if creativity strikes my imagination.
31 Jan 12
ADDITIONAL POINTS All of our pictures are printed. We want it to be printed because my family and I are fun of putting it on the albums and decorating it. And also, we want it that way because if instance there are relatives that want to see our pictures since childhood, then we could provide them some. But of course, we only chose the best one to be printed. And the other pictures that are not printed, we only store it in the laptop or in a USB.
7 Feb 12
Now a days, many people use digital for their pictures. Maybe because it is easy to use and more fashionable. The digital pictures are very useful when we want to edit and enhance them. We can also change the background of our pictures and change the color as well. And aside from that, we can easily transmit it in our computers, choosing our best shots and upload it in our social networking sites. But the Disadvantage of digital pictures is that, when the files got corrupted, you can no longer open it and their is the possibility that pictures are deleted. That's why I still prefer to have my pictures printed because it is more fun for when i put it in my album and show it to my relatives who don't know how to use high technology gadgets. =D
8 Feb 12
Some pictures i took are on printed copies this is bacause i want to fill the albums my friends gave me. And some are on my digital because whenever i want to make it look better i edit it.Specially that some are taken vague.There are many things i can do when it is in digital i could slideshow it and zoom it.it saves time in savig and storing it, and it is also more accessible when some of my friends wants to see it though they are far.And the main reason is that less cost.
7 Feb 12
Yes, I am fun of taking pictures. However, I am not fun of having printing it because I often upload them on my accounts like Facebook and other accounts that I have. But for instance, i save them with my flash drive and have a copy in a DVD/CD. Many of my pictures are kept as i have said on my account for save keeping because for my relatives to view also when they are online and make comments on it. This can make a sense of having a sort of remembrance for commenting of such.
• Philippines
9 Apr 11
digital cameras made an easy use of camera for people who want to catch their memorable moment and store them to a memory stick that could store thousands of pictures.with this kind of innovations user of digicams felt an ease with the capturing and printing of pictures.but one thing that i do not agree is to display pictures through the use of digital photo frames.its a quite good innovation but it makes inconvenience when you want to browse the picture that you want unlike having the pictures kept in a photo album.and, digital photo frame uses memory card also.so, when that memory card was damage, corrupted or infected with virus all file will loose because you don't even mind to print it because you can already display the pictures once you insert the memory card.
@khatty01 (32)
9 Apr 11
I love to take pictures & those pictures of mine are in both forms. Some of the pictures I have are stored in my flash drive & in my PC. But those pictures I love most was in the photo albums. I have been keeping & collecting pictures since I was in high school. I want also that my pictures are in printed copies because I love to put them on my scrapbook.
10 Apr 11
most of my picture are on digital copies, for me it is more easy to see if it is burn on a DVD copy and label it, so you know what is the is the occasion.
@jhoverly (21)
• Philippines
10 Apr 11
For me, I still prefer pictures in printed copies. I had bad experience in keeping my memories through digital copies, that is when I saved my pictures during my birthday in a flash drive. Because of carelessness my flash drive was lost and my pictures that I saved was gone. The worst thing is that, it was my first time to celebrate my birthday. So its better to have pictures in printed copies to treasure the precious moment of life.
10 Apr 11
For me, I prefer printed copies of my pictures because it is more secured and it lasts long. Digital copies can be easily corrupted.Aside from that I prefer the old way of treasuring memories, wherein it can be filed in a photo album or frame that can be displayed inside your house.So that whenever you want to reminisce some memories you can easily open and view it in the photo album.
10 Apr 11
most of my pictures is in printed copies. i always a copy of my picture. so if my digital copies screwed up, at least i did not lost my pics totally. so every time i have a new picture i always print it in hard copies. this is also for those who want to have a copy.