Do you like V8 Splash?

United States
February 25, 2010 10:08am CST
While my kids were sick last week another mom suggested hiding my 2yo's meds in it. Well I've tried the stuff and I wouldn't drink it normally unless it was free & I had no other choices. Have you ever tried it? Am I the only one who doesn't care for the taste of this stuff?
1 person likes this
4 responses
• United States
25 Feb 10
i don't really care for v8 in general.too..celery? i'd prefer to just drink tomato juice by itself.my mom likes it,so..she can have mine lol
• United States
25 Feb 10
I like regular v8 but I refuse to pay the price for it. Aldi's only sells tomato juice wich is ok but the container is too big it would just go to waste in my house. If they sold the lil cans like v8 does but @ an Aldi price I'd have them on hand as I'd only want a cup worth and that'd be it for a while.
1 person likes this
• United States
25 Feb 10
that actually goes through here at lightspeed-so i do buy the bigger cans.. they ask for v8,drink the other.figures.
• United States
25 Feb 10
Sounds like juice around here. That's why I don't buy much more than one bottle a week... they guzzle it down the same day I buy it. But they are getting used to water and milk being their main choices. Otherwise I figure I'd go thru $20 of just juice in a week @ aldi prices of course. Tastes good but not so much on my wallet.
@dragon54u (31636)
• United States
28 Feb 10
As I understand it, it's based on tomato juice. I never liked V8 although I love the idea of drinking a whole serving of vegetables--why can't they make it taste like chocolate?! I tried V8 once and it was like drinking cold tomato soup--disgusting. I haven't tried V8 Splash and don't intend to. If it doesn't taste like chocolate, I'll eat my vegetables cooked normally!
• United States
1 Mar 10
I like your style dragon!! GIVE ME CHOCOLATE OR FORGET IT!
@AmbiePam (85468)
• United States
25 Feb 10
I tried one particular kind like two years ago, and it was just okay. I didn't finish the bottle before it expired, so I didn't buy it again. But then I was thinking about how I really should get more fruits and veggies into my diet. I thought the V8 Splash would be a good and easy way to do that. But boy did I pick the wrong flavor the second time around! It was disgusting, and I have not had any or bought any since.
• United States
26 Feb 10
I think it's truly something you need to try before you buy from a sample lady & every flavor too. That's the one time that I sampled something and I just went EWWW... & left the coupon too.
1 person likes this
• United States
25 Feb 10
I can not stand the V8 V-Fusion on Splash. I just think there is something toatally strange about hiding vegetables in fruit juice. But on the other hand my two sons would kill for the stuff. And now that my older son is working for BigLots they often get it in, so he can buy it for himself. So maybe your child would like it becuase she doesn't know any better but I am not sure that I would of given it to her when she was sick. That may have made things worse if she really didn't like it.
• United States
25 Feb 10
I would think it wouldn't suit well with all food combinations KWIM? Ya know like OJ & Tomato juice don't go well with everything nor do they make your tummy happy w/ the other items.