food recall

@laglen (19759)
United States
March 9, 2010 5:09pm CST
WASHINGTON—Basic Food Flavors Inc., the Las Vegas company at the center of a recall of more than 100 food products, continued to make and distribute food ingredients for about a month after it learned the bacteria salmonella was present at its processing facility, according to a Food and Drug Administration report. what do you think? Scary huh? Here is the story and what to watch for http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704784904575111794140103252.html?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines
1 person likes this
8 responses
@khatty01 (32)
25 Apr 11
This is a serious thing because it could cause illness to those people who already consumed it. The company must be really responsible for this. They must know the effects of the ingredients of their foods so that they could avoid this kind of situation. They must ensure the safety of the health of their customers especially that foods are one of the basic needs of people.
1 person likes this
@laglen (19759)
• United States
28 Apr 11
yes and the danger potential is significant
• Philippines
25 Apr 11
oh that's gross.it could cause a illness to those people who eat foods with an ingredients that have salmonella bacteria.if there would be any casualties that will appear the basic food flavors inc should be responsible for all of the cost.i think that company doesn't practice sanitation regularly and follow the standard of cleaning.the government of the America should do something about this one because it may contaminate other food products because of the ingredients they distributed.it could an epidemic of diseases through out the areas which had consumed their products.
1 person likes this
@laglen (19759)
• United States
28 Apr 11
You are right. The FDA should close them down
@jhoverly (21)
• Philippines
24 Apr 11
In this case, it is very scary because i9t was already distributed in the market. Maybe many people had already bought and consumed this products. The company should always be prepared in case theres a problem about there products. They should always be responsible enough in cleaning there facilities. They should always remember that what they are producing are food products.
1 person likes this
@laglen (19759)
• United States
28 Apr 11
I agree. there is an expectation that what you buy s safe
• Philippines
25 Apr 11
it is scary in such a way. they should have first put their products to test before distributing it to the public. though no illness have been reported yet it still brought the company a negative image. and since it is a food company it should take note that the products are consumable and they should practice cleanliness in their facilities.
1 person likes this
@laglen (19759)
• United States
28 Apr 11
I agree, and they give other distribution companys a bad wrap because they are lazy and greedy
@jannray (20)
• Philippines
20 Apr 11
Even though there is no illness that have been reported yet,it is better if they will still recall the products affected by salmonella. They should stop the distribution of the products because they responsible to the health of the consumers. And the BFF Inc. should do sanitation in order to clean there facilities and prevent the spread of the bacteria. FDA said that the bacteria can be killed by cooking first before consuming, but how about those products that can be eaten instantly? If the company will continously distribute those affected products the consumers are afraid to buy.
1 person likes this
@laglen (19759)
• United States
22 Apr 11
Thats why it is so important to educate our selves.
@khimmy30 (11)
25 Apr 11
this company is violating the consumer act. the FDA must be focus on this issue. this might harm many people.they are only thinking of their profits, they don't consider their consumers health and safety. this company must be close.
1 person likes this
@laglen (19759)
• United States
28 Apr 11
I agree, where was the FDA during this?
@gewcew23 (8007)
• United States
10 Mar 10
Scary no not really, or at lest not to me. Until this story I would not have know that Basic Food Flavors Inc was even a company.
1 person likes this
@laglen (19759)
• United States
10 Mar 10
I hear ya but we really should pay attention to who is handling our food.
1 person likes this
• Canada
9 Mar 10
Its the same here, they dont give a damn if we eat bad food and die from it. Im subscribed to our Government notice email and every day theres food full of deadly bacteria. Ive heard from the ones coming in from the US. Why didnt they catch it at the border is beyond me. So its best to not buy any prepared food, make your own, wash your fruits and veggies with soap and water, cook your meat thoroughly and hope for the best!!
1 person likes this
@laglen (19759)
• United States
9 Mar 10
i agree and grow your own whenever possible