competition at work

Philippines
September 12, 2010 9:31am CST
is it healthy to compete with co workers? i think so.Maybe you work somewhere that rewards merit, promotes cooperation and values teamwork. If so, you may still need to read this post. the following are my reasons for saying so.first, this will lead to habitual provision of great results since you don't allow that you will be a way behind your co worker. you will be very punctual too because you will Be at your desk and looking busy when other people begin to arrive. you want them to be mystified at your behavior.these and other virtues are great enough for a healthy competition at work.can you add some?
1 person likes this
16 responses
@ratyz5 (7808)
• Philippines
20 Sep 10
Yes, that would be really nice if everyone in the office would be in their best performing condition as others would also comply to that kind of environment and it would be good for the company because the employees are being very productive. If I can add, even though I know that it seems to be a bit typical, would be to offer help to other colleagues in case a task or a project at hand seems to require more than the assigned members. Being able to provide help even when you have your own responsibilities would be worth some merit, I suppose.
@chinne (22)
• Philippines
15 Sep 10
You aim high if you compete with other people around you. You think of having promoted on a higher position if you are ahead of them. Also, if you do your best, you will gain more recognitions. It is not one way of starting some misunderstanding between you and your co worker, its just one way of proving yourself. That you have something or you can do something that others can't. Of course, others can do something that you cannot, so its just but fair.
15 Sep 10
Yes competition is healthy for the reason that it pushes others to withstand what others had already established or done. Another thing is that competition is the key to improvement for most of the organizations who has already established their stand in the society. But then again competition also promotes grudge among employees. Some times, it also causes other employees to feel insecure over the other. But then again that is normal.
@junalyn (17)
• Philippines
15 Sep 10
_maybe I can add that it can be a reason for you to always be a positive attitude and productive to your co-workers. By this, you are forced to do things beyond your capabilities just not to be below them in rank. But there is negative effect of competitions, one is threat, you always find ways to let your competitor get down over you. Thats what makes it an unhealthy in the workplace. And then, you always focus at work even for family days so you tend to forget your family ties.
• Philippines
15 Sep 10
Competition in work is just normal. Maintaining positive and productive relationships with your co-workers is even more difficult when you are competing with them for a promotion. Just be motivated all the time and you will be successful in achieving what you want to be or what you want to have.
• Philippines
15 Sep 10
Competition in work is just normal. Maintaining positive and productive relationships with your co-workers is even more difficult when you are competing with them for a promotion. Just be motivated all the time and you will be successful in achieving what you want to be or what you want to have.
• United States
12 Sep 10
I feel that it is good to have some pride in yourself and try to make yourself better even at work. But some people get really passionate about competeing with each other. I say if it is for fun than great but if it is all serious I am not sure I would like it. I just started a new job at night and we prep food so I am sure we will be racing through the night once I know what I am doing. I am a hard worker and if I feel I can get the job done right and quick I will for sure.
14 Sep 10
you competite with the co-workers, it will make you more productive. you always want to be beyond the others. Competiton may increase your professional knowledge. YOu learn more to increasee your ability. you will be qualifed during the competiton
• Philippines
14 Sep 10
Competition may help when you are to close with your co-worker. This occur when you have a deal of doing something by comparing your outcomes. It is really fun having a competition with a co-worker. It helps the ability of that person to show more better actions and improve more in the workplace. It also give more ideas arising from experience that is shared from your co-worker.
• Philippines
15 Sep 10
Competition is healthy when you do it right. If this will make or help you become more productive, it is good. With competition, we put effort on our jobs and give our best onto it. And sometimes, we discover things within us that we don't know existing like being creative, etc. It shapes us to become a better person with the right discipline. Just look at it at its better side then you will realize that it encourages someone to work harder and prove his/her worth in the organization. As long as it will not resort to misunderstanding in the organization, then it is good to compete with your co-workers.
14 Sep 10
Competition will alaways be part of work. Your productivity is not just done to keep your job but you are productive because you are aiming for something better. Unfortunately, the better things are not available for everyone so most people are doing what they can to get the better things. On the other hand, staying on competition at work is also an indicator for business owners and managers of dedication. Those who are not competitive enough are sometimes terminated because of their lack of dedication for the company.Businessess today need people who are willing to compete and succeed. a business is always on its feet to be better than other companies in the same industry. So if you are not competitive in the office, you might not be able to stand at par with other companies.
14 Sep 10
Competition at work is healthy. It inspires people to work at their optimum level. It creates a spirited and positive atmosphere in the work place since everybody becomes motivated. Performance of workers would then be a lot better. In turn, the company would then benefit from this, Giving them a competitive edge which yields great results.
14 Sep 10
Staying on competition at work is an indicator for business owners and managers of dedication. THise who are not competitive enough are dedication fot the company. Competiton at work is always a professinal competiton, That means you do not do things to drag the other dowm. If you want to prove to the company that you are the best person to be promoted, donot do things that will show other people's incompetence.
12 Sep 10
Competition its good to make the a vai todo mundos e ferra
• Philippines
12 Sep 10
Competition is healthy when it inspires you to be at your best. It motivates you to strive for excellence. Competition becomes unhealthy when people try to build themselves up by bring others down. While there is nothing wrong with competing with others as long as you play fair,I would rather compete with myself. Every day, I try to be better than I was the previous day. I am always reminded of the quote from Desiderata, "If you compare yourselves to others, you may become vain or bitter, for there will be greater or lesser persons than yourself." For me, when I compete with others, I am putting myself in danger of becoming envious or vain because when we compete, we tend to compare ourselves with others. So rather than outdo others, I try to outdo myself.
@p3ks626 (6538)
• Philippines
12 Sep 10
There is a certain kind of competition in the company where I work for but we didnt want to compete anymore cause no matter how good we are, our supervisor doesnt look at the competition that way but he looks at those who are really close to him.