People who cannot stand criticism.

@megamatt (14292)
United States
September 12, 2010 9:53am CST
I'll admit it. I make my mistakes with many things. I am far from perfect. In fact, I am extremely imperfect. I am...dare it say it, quite human. So if I get some constructive criticism, then it it is very welcome. Of course with some people, they just plug their ears and think that you don't know what they are talking about. Or you are trying to sabotage them in someway. Everything they do is right, and if you criticize them, then you are conspiring against them.
2 people like this
22 responses
@jennyze (7029)
• Indonesia
12 Sep 10
Oh, I just can't stand criticism. When people delivered a critic, whether it is constructive or destructive, I would feel embarrassed and hurt. I would become defensive and control my words in speaking to that someone. I would distance myself from him/her. I would carry a grudge and wanted to show to 'that someone' that I can do better than him/her and that I am not what he/she accused me for. I am just so bad...
1 person likes this
@voldrox (7191)
• India
13 Sep 10
Wow jenny, you really sound like my girlfriend.. Honestly..
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
12 Sep 10
Well, to be fair, you seem to be the rule rather than the exception. There are far and wide a lot of people like that. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
1 person likes this
@jennyze (7029)
• Indonesia
13 Sep 10
Oh, then I am a ordinary human. Thanks God. It was boring to be an angel.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
12 Sep 10
It takes a lot of humility and maturity to accept criticism. Unfortunately, not everyone is mature and humble enough to admit their faults. For me, all criticisms are good, whether they are constructive or destructive. Constructive criticism makes us see what we need to improve on. Destructive criticism should motivate us to prove our critics wrong. Both types of criticism should motivate us to strive for excellence.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
12 Sep 10
I should add both constructive and destructive criticisms are good if you are at the receiving end. Of course, we should only give constructive criticism. I just would like to make that clear.
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
12 Sep 10
Well yeah, in many ways, criticism of all types have the potential to motivate us. Whether or not that potential could be filled is another matter entirely. We're going to be thinking for anything, but for how long is the question. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
@voldrox (7191)
• India
12 Sep 10
Hello megamatt, If a close friend then why not? I am open to criticism from people who i believe think in the best interests for me. I am not going to be so open minded if at all some guy or gal comes and starts yelling at me. Okay, if it was my mistake and it caused a lot of trouble to others and i am fine with it, but that doesn't mean just anybody can come and tell me what to do, that is if i haven't done anything wrong. It depends upon the person, not just anybody can come and tell me things. I have to know them well before they start criticizing or trying to keep me low. I have to understand the real intention behind it, if i don't know the person enough. Otherwise, my good friends, sure enough i am very open for criticism.
@voldrox (7191)
• India
13 Sep 10
Well, if it's someone you meet everyday and is important at work, then it is fine by me too.
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
12 Sep 10
Well yeah, I mostly met people that I know and interact with pretty much on a daily basis or fairly often. If some person off the street started to criticize me, I would think that they were a bit messed up in the head and really wondered why they are even talking to me. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
1 person likes this
15 Sep 10
Criticism is quite normal for some people. You can not eliminate such action or attitude in the society. But if u can not stand criticism you are most likely not to survive in many work place. Criticism is there way of reacting to those things that they dislike.
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
15 Sep 10
Yes, it is human nature to give criticism and receive it. The world would be rather weird without it, no matter how much some people might not enjoy receiving it. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
@junalyn (17)
• Philippines
15 Sep 10
_its really hard to accept criticism, unless its from a close friends who really knows you and just wanna change you into a better person. I also admit I criticize other person but I make sure that they wont think of me that bad, its in a way that they are not being hurt to my words. What makes it hard to accept criticism is when they know nothing about you yet they make gossip, or its somewhat an intention to destroy who you are. One time, I was criticized by one relative of mine and it is really planted in my mind then I realized that its actually a way to correct me. Now I see myself before questioning others acts.
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
15 Sep 10
Sometimes only from friends will it really get through our head. If ninety nine strangers tell you something, than you won't believe it, but if person number one hundred is a friend, then you will be more likely to believe so. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
• Philippines
15 Sep 10
All of us is not perfect...I do criticize other people but I'm not trying to sabotage them or something. I was just curious in any action he or she does. So I criticize them by just asking a question on what they are doing. But I am not that person that do extreme criticisms to other people that the person they criticize can not stand it anymore.
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
15 Sep 10
Yes, some people got to realize it is not sabotage. We are just trying to help make their lives a little bit easier. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
• Philippines
14 Sep 10
It is not so bad to take criticism in some point. This would probably make a better individual. Many of do actually take this in a negative way. But for me it makes me more comfortable knowing where did i go wrong or what is my mistake. If only you will think in a positive manner it will boost your confidence and your individuality.
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
15 Sep 10
Yeah, I want my mistakes pointed out whenever. After all, how can I become a better person, if I do not learn? Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
14 Sep 10
Sometimes the criticism hurts. Actually i try to avoid criticizing othres. BUt sometimes you can't avoid it forever, so finally, when you ger mad enough, you speak. when you say sothing angry, the listener gers defensive because anger is an attacking emotion. when we criticize some people, we should minimize the hurt. When some people critizee us, if it is right, we receive it hamblely. If it is wrong, we just say the truth to the peoson,
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
15 Sep 10
Yes, there is only so much that we can take, before we have to say something. We are still only human and therefore, we are going to have to say something eventually, no matter how much what we say can hurt and believe me, the truth hurts. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
14 Sep 10
No one is perfect, really. We all know that. But people cannot keep themselves from giving criticism. We tend to react to what people do, and if what they do is some what not favorable to us, we react negatively. Which can be normal maybe for us. We must accept what people will say to us, no matter what it is. They have the right of speech, we all do. right? Let other people criticize you, it's just normal nowadays. In fact we ourselves criticize others too.
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
15 Sep 10
Yes, people will be believe and say what they whatever want to. Some of it will be true, some of it will be false, and a lot of it will be a little bit of both. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
• Philippines
15 Sep 10
Everyone has its own imperfections that not all can accept. That they can hardly face and try to deny it. But then, criticism is at its best when people doesn't mean anything to harm you,instead, to correct your wrong behaviors. I can accept criticisms if, I can see that the person is sincere on what he/she is saying. No matter how hard for me to accept it, I can't do anything but to face the real truth. Because I must admit that sometimes, I only realized my mistakes when others tell me so. That is the only time that I will correct my wrong moves or not to commit the same mistakes again. But on the other way around, if that person wants only to degrade or pull me down, that's a different story. I will take it against that person.
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
15 Sep 10
Yes, criticism comes in all forms I think. There are some people who just nitpick over the smallest things and blow them out of proportion, just to be negative. That is not cool. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
14 Sep 10
Criticism hurts and sometimes even insulting, but it can also be viewed in a positive way. In dealing with criticisms, learning from it is the best option. By trying to accept the criticisms is like seeing your mistakes as a step to improvement and personal development. Don't take it personally, instead take it as a criticism of you actions. Trying to improve is a good way of becoming better.
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
15 Sep 10
Indeed, criticism might hurt and some of it can be biting. However, it is more biting because of the fact that it is true. That can be the worst part, but we can improve from it. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
14 Sep 10
Actually, i am a silent person. Most of time, i like to follow the others. I am afraid of doing wrong thing. Because i don't like the criticism from others. It is not good that we don't listen to the other's criticism. It is cheat on ourselves when We avoid the criticism . Criticism may make us lose face, but it also may make us know our weakness.
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
15 Sep 10
Criticism can shake us for a bit. But it can also strengthen us once we get past our initial discomfort. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
14 Sep 10
Everone will make mistakes. It is common problem of human beings. When we face the mistakes. a positive attitude is the most important. We should receive and correct it bravely. When we face the same problem, we will have a cottect resolution . Failure can creat success sometimes. Listening to the others' advises and criticism can improve us, we could see the real ourselves from others.
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
15 Sep 10
Yes, you can learn quite a bit from failure. Of course, its hard to see our own failures a lot of the time. We need others to point us in the right direction. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
15 Sep 10
There are people who can not stand criticism like the word's are hard to ignore and it can help you confuse about that. I'm like a person that is not very like to be judge by the other people but sometimes it is needed to me so that it will give me an idea to realize what the words have been said to me and also comparing to the other person can make my ability low, although sometimes can make me also motivate by comparing. I depend on the person's who criticize me and all the things are part of my challenge in life become strong and learn more.
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
15 Sep 10
Yes, it is just important to listen. People who get past that first barrier, might be on their way. Sure sometimes the criticism might not be perfect, but there are times where it is in fact right on the money. It is important to use it when you can to improve. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
@p3ks626 (6538)
• Philippines
12 Sep 10
I know one person like that. He is my boss in the company where I work for. He is the so called general manager of the company and everybody knows he doesnt know anything. Its really obvious, I mean, what would you expect he didnt have a formal education. I just dont like the way he brings himself cause he is pretending he is smart and we are trying to help him and constructive criticisms are there but he takes it negatively telling us we have some attitude problem. And he is calling himself the "manager" I should say CARE TAKER.
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
12 Sep 10
That just proves that power really causes people to not accept criticism. It is extremely frustrating to say the very least, but that is just one of those things that are getting far too common in the world of work. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
• Philippines
13 Sep 10
hello megamatt! yes, there are so many people who can't stand to be criticized. they think they are beyond criticism and they just don't listen to those who offers them constructive criticisms. well, that's just how they are. for me, i accept constructive criticisms, for it would help me a lot to improve on my failings. but criticisms which are made just to hurt or destroy me, i do listen to also, but i don't let it get to me.
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
14 Sep 10
If we don't learn about why we went wrong, we're just continue to fall on our faces. And that is just absurd. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
@deve_annrn (1856)
• Philippines
13 Sep 10
Criticisms.., I can stand it... but I admit it.., It can hurt a lot.., as long as it is constructive,. I guess that is fine.., I can take it as a challenge and help myself improve and change myself for the best,, I am just human and imperfect..=)
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
14 Sep 10
Yeah, but it can keep us honest. The truth often times does hurt, unfortunately, does it not? Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
• Philippines
14 Sep 10
many people are very fun of criticizing other people especially when that person they talk about is so interesting. Sometimes they make every peoples lives miserable. Instead of helping and giving good advice, they prefer criticizing rather than teaching that person to become a better person. Criticism is one way of knowing the true color that person and its behavior. By doing so, it reviles its real nature of being a jealous person and being immature.
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
14 Sep 10
Criticism is only good if it actually helps. If it doesn't, then its just worthless. Of course, if we fail to listen to anything, than everything is just wasted air. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
@chhetp1 (467)
• India
12 Sep 10
It is true that people who can't stand criticism might not be able to succeed in life. However, there is dirth of these kind of believer. The reason being the competition, the lack of space for the creativity to flourish. Therefore, I personally am not easy accepting individual. Although, I do know that this really effects me in someway or other. Lately, I have been following lot of self-constructive things to make sure that I too accept criticism.
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
12 Sep 10
I think there are times where it is really hard to accept everything at face value. Especially considering the fact that we question its validity. We've got to think things through clearly. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
• China
13 Sep 10
Making mistakes is a normal thing"there is no pefect person in the world"so when we face with mistakes,we should be bravely.some we will suffer from criticize from some people .but we should accept what they do or what they say."faithfull words grate upon the ears"
@megamatt (14292)
• United States
14 Sep 10
Yes, we should not really be bothered by the fact that mistakes are made. Rather we should accept all feedback, learn, and adapt from our mistakes. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.