Best way to approach a stranger (Girl)?

Malaysia
January 10, 2011 1:25am CST
Hi experienced lovers out there, its been awhile since i lost my previous relationship, almost a year and half now. Time to move on. Is there any surefire or best idea/way to approach a female stranger? In various situation, i'll make some example and you guys comment on whichever you know. Situation A: You are dining with your friends, and you spot a nice decent lady having her dinner with her friend. Situation B: Both walking in the same direction. Situation C: In a party.
1 person likes this
6 responses
@yumcookie (146)
• United States
10 Jan 11
A: Do no bother a woman while she is having dinner with her friend. That will immediately turn her away from you to begin with if you decided to approach her while she was trying to have a good time with her friend. You never know what you could be stumbling upon if you did try to interrupt their meal. B: I say do the common accidental bump and drop something. Never use papers or something that could fly away and never let it be expensive in case it might break. If you drop a few pens and a book the woman might stop herself and try to help you pick up a few things. When you do this try to keep your eyes down until you see her about to stand. When you turn your head to face her give a sweet smile and appear to be blown away by her appearance. Women love the feel of a romantic connection. Now take your chance! First apologize for bumping into her and thank her for gathering your things, next start talking to her. Give your name and try to strike up a conversation. If she says she's busy take that as a hint that she really isn't interested, of course take body signs into mind as well. Most girls who think they are too good for you will look upwards or over your shoulder. A girl whose interested but nervous will look to her side but try to make eye contact with you. If the girl looks at her feet it means she's really shy and nervous to be around you, doesn't mean she's not interested it just means she doesn't know how to approach you. C: Most of these girls will be social so it's easy to pick up a girl at party, just make sure she is sober if you are attempting to make a serious relationship. If you want a serious relationship than make sure you check her clothing. A girl who is wearing something high and skimpy than she is a gold digger trying to score a one night stand. If she is wearing something that is slightly revealing but still appropriate for casual wear than that means she is trying to attract a man who has some interest in long term relationship and usually this means she has self confidence and possibly a career. If she looks like she is a nun garbed head to toe in clothing simply avoid such a gal, she probably isn't looking for a relationship at all.
• Malaysia
10 Jan 11
Wow, i must say you have really great knowledge and understanding to come to the extend in explaining body language and clothing with related to their intention! Do you ever fall for some tricks like this? Or you already knew this trick and just play along with it? lol
• Malaysia
10 Jan 11
For sure it will work! I'm getting the whole picture in my mind already lol! Well, guess all these narrows down to experience. Couple of failure won't hurt. You have any good method to show good first impression even before the conversation take place?
• United States
10 Jan 11
I already knew these tricks. I'm not exactly the prettiest girl in the world but I see guys left and right trying to pick up girls. I can't begin to explain to you how clueless they are about women at times. I hoped you take my advice though and hopefully it works.
@zeciram (161)
• Philippines
10 Jan 11
A. It depends. if her friend is also a girl, you may want to send a drink, dessert or something and ask the waiter to tell the girl who caught your attention that the drink or dessert came from you. when the girl looks at you just smile boyishly and approach the girl in a gentleman way, introduce yourself, ask her name and if she doesn't mind her contact no. and ask permission if you can call her sometime. If her friend is a guy, you may want to wait until she leaves the table to go to the ladies room and you may want to wait for her in a place where she would pass (but please do not wait at the entrance of the ladies room since it may creep her out) and simply introduce yourself, tell her that she caught your eye, compliment her and ask if she doesn't mind giving you her name and contact number so you can know each other better. B. You may pretend to bump her. Apologize apologize and apologize. Introduce yourself then compliment her, ask her name and ask if she doesn't mind if you would call her sometime so you can get together. Don't forget to ask for her contact no. =) C. Wait for the right moment when she is alone. Approach her, introduce yourself and be yourself. These are the ways I would want me to be approached. I cannot speak for other girls. Just be nice and everything will be fine. Good Luck!
• Malaysia
10 Jan 11
Hi zeciram, don't you think asking for phone number right from the start may be too soon? That girl could be thinking that i'm just another cheesy boy that ask girls around me for numbers and she isn't special? For situation B, does apologizing multiple times always works best? Doesn't seem like giving such a good impression and as if i'm hurrying for something with no time for conversation? Hmm... Thanks for the wishes! Nice ideas and food for thoughts!
@zeciram (161)
• Philippines
10 Jan 11
hi eddy, well, i just thought that getting her number would make her feel that you are really interested in her that you wanted to make sure you'll be able to talk with her again. For situation B, i just find it cute and nice for a man to apologize. Well, I wish my husband would have the habit of apologizing. =) And I forgot to add to be yourself because a girl can easily detect pretenses. =) Anyway, I think you are a good person... you'll do ok by just being you.
• Philippines
10 Jan 11
Good Day! Regardless of the place, what matters is the way you approach the girl. I'm a girl so I can help you a bit. Of course you must start to talk in a nice way not like those guys who says, "Hi miss! Hi ate!" something like that. We ignore those guys who says that. There are lots of way but just always remember to be nice and not to look rude. We, girls, don't ignore stranger guys if they talk to us in a nice way and also if they look nice and not an addict. :) Just look approachable and be nice. :)
• Malaysia
10 Jan 11
lol! What would be the next line that you recommend? Look nice! Not an addict *Writing down in paper...* Note taken! =)
• Philippines
10 Jan 11
Good Day! Regardless of the place, what matters is the way you approach the girl. I'm a girl so I can help you a bit. Of course you must start to talk in a nice way not like those guys who says, "Hi miss! Hi ate!" something like that. We ignore those guys who says that. There are lots of way but just always remember to be nice and not to look rude. We, girls, don't ignore stranger guys if they talk to us in a nice way and also if they look nice and not an addict. :) Just look approachable and be nice. :)
@pogi253 (1586)
• Philippines
11 Jan 11
Gorgeous women are approached in one way or another all day long. I guess that an attractive woman is "approached" at least ten times a day by interested men in delicate and not-so-delicate ways. What most guys never understand is that most of the other guys who have approached that gorgeous woman did mostly the same things ... and that those things didn’t work. In other words, most likely 100 of the 100 guys who approached her in the last week tried some corny pick up line, asked her if she had a boyfriend in a "you’re so beautiful and you’d most likely never date a loser like me" tone of voice, gave her a admiring comment about her looks hoping that shed ask them out, or some similarly lame technique. Just walk up to her and say "Hi, I don’t have time to talk right now, but give me your phone number, Id like to talk to you." Say it with total coolness, and pull out a pen and paper as if you know she’s going to give you her number. That’s the type of approach that will get you "Jedi" results.
• Malaysia
11 Jan 11
lol, i don't think that will work, I'm looking for a long term relationship... Nice advice though, perhaps i could recommend this to my other friends =) Ty
@SIMPLYD (90722)
• Philippines
10 Jan 11
Have the best smile that you have for the girls. Do not wink, because that's perceived to be not nice. if they smile back, then maybe you can approach them and say hi and from there you can befriend them, which could be a start of something deeper maybe. . .
• Malaysia
10 Jan 11
Hmm i agree! Smile always bring people together eh? I guess i should start practicing my smile in front of my mirror to get the best out of it! xD