Why is football so popular????

India
February 17, 2007 7:54pm CST
I mean even i love football...but whats seriously so special about this particular sport that makes it the most popular in the world...what do you think...
1 person likes this
5 responses
@crickethear (1417)
• United States
19 Feb 07
Hi, I don't get it either. It is barbaric to me. Slamming into each other? It makes me hurt.
1 person likes this
• India
19 Feb 07
Honestly I dont think its barbaric or anything....I love football...was just wondering as to why its so popular...
• India
19 Feb 07
Hey what sport do you like?
@raedon (6)
• India
19 Feb 07
because of the game spirit it is so popular and anyone can play football anywhere thats the reason why its so popular
1 person likes this
• India
19 Feb 07
Yeah I guess....the fact that it can be played anywhere with just one ball helps it....seems to be the opinion of others too...
@padhukr (2267)
• India
19 Feb 07
yes i accept that this, since football is not only played but alaso workshiped as a sacred game in many countries.
1 person likes this
• Brazil
18 Feb 07
Its because its the most primitive kind of sport, one that anyone with a rolled up sock and 2 rocks marking the goal can play. So most of us play it, know it, and when we grow up, idolize it Have a nice day!
1 person likes this
@hinocki (670)
• Italy
18 Feb 07
Becouse you can play it in every place you are. Tou need only a ball. Many other sports require some things you maybe don't have.
1 person likes this