Sweepstakes Clearing House

@maddysmommy (16230)
United States
February 26, 2007 4:36pm CST
I've received 6 x $400 credit vouchers in the mail today from Sweepstakes Clearing House for a home stereo, digital camcorder, Dell desktop computer, watch set, Dell laptop and 5 pc luggage set. All is required of me is to send in the vouchers along with the total balance owing on the items above for e.g. the desktop computer costs is $699.95. By using the $400 credit voucher, all i have to pay is the remaining balance of $299.95. I'm sure this is too good to be true! Has anyone else received anything like this in the mail? If so, are these for real or is this some kind of scam?
3 people like this
27 responses
• United States
10 Nov 07
We get stuff from them too. I actually got those voucher things you are talking about a couple of months ago. I just tore them up and threw them in the trash.
1 person likes this
@maddysmommy (16230)
• United States
10 Nov 07
Yup thats exactly what I did after posting this discussion on here. I thought it was too goo to be true!
• United States
3 Oct 08
Well my mother just received vouchers yesterday and I wsanted to do some research and thank GOD I found this site and another site that is called rip off. Well the laptops are old and it mentions that it is refurbished. I was a few steps away from sealing the envelope and putting a stamp on it. There has been other items my mother received which were jewlery and they were ok, but that was without the crazy vouchers.
• United States
8 Oct 08
yea my dad fell for it too.... he got the omini2 camera...and well lets just say that it is deffinattly not worth $500! it an ok camera....but not a good 12 mgpl camera!...i was very depressed and dad is going to try to call the compant today but i doubt he will get through! its deffinatly a RIP-OFF!
• United States
11 Sep 07
I have received things from them without problems. Just read everything thoroughly. Others have had problems with them. Here is information I found on them: Mail:1555 Regal Row, Dallas Tx. 75247 Telephone: (214) 915-7100 E-mail: customersupport@sweepstakesclearinghouse.com Hope this helps
@maddysmommy (16230)
• United States
13 Sep 07
thank you for the info myrustydog!
• United States
13 Sep 07
You're very welcome. As a matter of fact I'm waiting for 2 more items from them. The checks haven't been cashed yet but I bought a bed from them over 8 years age and it is still in excellent condition. Good luck to you. If you do order I hope you have as good of an experience as I have had. They are a bit slow so be patient.
1 person likes this
• United States
10 Nov 07
I agree the products may be worthy. I've compared prices. But, I'm wondering why the company wouldn't just put out a product catalog rather than telling folks they've won a prize or they're giving something away free. The way they're conducting business is in violation of many states laws consumer protection laws.
1 person likes this
@ljcapps (1925)
• United States
27 Feb 07
LOL we've gotten those! I have to laugh though, because we did some searching into it and it's actually not much of a deal, because what you're paying after the voucher, isn't too far off of what you could find it for on some discount websites and stores. So as far as i know, it is a real thing, as we've gotten the same thing. But we opted to save our money instead.
@maddysmommy (16230)
• United States
27 Feb 07
I think I'll do the same - thanks for your comment!
1 person likes this
@ljcapps (1925)
• United States
26 Mar 07
Aahhhhh. this is forever ago. LOL feels like it at least. thank you for best response, i always appreciate getting those! we haven't received any more coupons but we keep receiving assurances from them that we're bound to win 10,000 sooner or later. LOL we're not holding our breath on that one!
• United States
15 Apr 07
It's a fraud. I've received them many times. The cost of the products are marked up by $400. So the credit voucher is basically useless. Another thing is that the computers are all outdated, most still using versions of windows 98. And they come with very little memory. I think at $299.95 they are overpriced. Just my opinion. Lloyd
1 person likes this
@maddysmommy (16230)
• United States
15 Apr 07
Yeah, I figured as much so I dumped them. Thanks for your response.
@maddysmommy (16230)
• United States
8 Jun 07
haha I might have to try that next time, thanks!
• United States
31 May 07
It's a nasty fraud. I did them one better though. I stuffed as much junk mail as I could, with no personal info on it, right back into their PREPAID return envelope. It ended up weighing about 4 ounces. And I sealed it with 2 layers of packing tape, cuz it bulged so much. So they have to pay a non-machinable surcharge, too! That was really fun.
• United States
8 Nov 08
I just received these vouchers a couple day's ago 11-3-08, I keep wanting to pitch them in the trash, but I keep leaning back to them and are thinking of purchasing the laptop and maybe the stereo. After reading some of the responses your getting they will be going in the trash. I can't afford to be ripped off. I think anyone who gets these vouchers should just run them through the shredder
1 person likes this
@maddysmommy (16230)
• United States
8 Feb 09
The whole thing didn't sit right with me so i ditched mine too.
• United States
17 Jan 09
I got the same exact thing in mail!! im going to try this out though. Just because i really need a computer because mine just stpo working and i am in an online college and really need a computer.
1 person likes this
@maddysmommy (16230)
• United States
8 Feb 09
I ended up trashing mine.
• United States
8 Feb 09
I read all the comments from the skeptics. The new fad is to call everything a scam. Folks seem to be empowered by this. A scam is when one receives nothing for what he/she pays or receives something so absurdly different than for he/she asked. These products may not be of great value and if you spent the time and gas money to drive around, yes you could find a better price. Add in wear and tear on the car, your time, gasoline and you are right back to what they are asking. On the flip side. Be prepared for an additional COD charge after you send them the check. This what made me angry. I do not like surprises and subsequently cancelled my order and asked for a refund. More than the money, marketing companies make the asumption that only they need to work and the rest of us can be at home waiting for their merchandise. Everything that I ever order has to be with no signature required and left at the door because I am travelling constantly.
1 person likes this
@Shaun72 (15959)
• Palatka, Florida
7 Apr 07
Yeah I have gotten one of these myself but I didn't turn it back in. I think it is a scam myself.
1 person likes this
@Michele21 (3093)
• United States
27 Feb 07
I get them all the time and they are not a good deal! They jack up the prices so in the end you are paying the normal price for the item! Don't buy into it!!
1 person likes this
@maddysmommy (16230)
• United States
27 Feb 07
I've just torn them up and thrown them in the rubbish LOL thanks for your comment!
4 Apr 07
I just got this same thing in the mail and I was interested in the digital camcorder so I went online to try to find more information about it. I went to Popular Photography Magazine's websote (the magazine they say the camera is featured in) and could not find it, the search for DVC found nothing, and upon closely examining the photo of the camera I couldn't find a single logo which is odd to me. Then I searched "Sweepstakes Clearinghouse Digital Camera" and found your discussion as well as two interesting links claiming this to be a scam, which does not suprise me at all. http://www.homesfeornh.com/weblog/2006/06/sweepstakes-clearinghouse-sends-latest-deceptive-mailing This first link is a bit outdated (2005) so the prices and some other small details are a little different but it is otherwise the same crap. http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff232659.htm This guy is a little hard to follow but he was definately recently ripped off by this scam.
1 person likes this
• United States
10 Nov 07
Yes I have received something like that also and i was stupid enough to do it but never received the laptop. I was so pissed i sent a letter back later and got the letter back that said that the address was not found.
1 person likes this
@maddysmommy (16230)
• United States
10 Nov 07
Sorry to hear that spacecreature - i ended up trashing them because I thought i was too good to be true after the responses I received on here!
• United States
10 Nov 07
This is a marketing company that is selling their merchandise rather than giving away a winning prize. It might be considered a scam as you say because you DID NOT enter a sweepstakes drawing with them, the company is in violation of several states sweepstakes/contest laws and/or with the voucher YOU ARE purchasing the item at, near or over retail price. I received this in my mail this week also and I am preparing a letter to my state's Attorney General after finding that the state of Iowa ordered the company to pay $90,000 and comply with state consumer protection law for violating their state prize promotion law. I'm continuing to research this for my letter/complaint; but yes, it IS too good to be true.
@maddysmommy (16230)
• United States
10 Nov 07
Thankyou for explaining this to me fedup! I ended up trashing it after I posted this discussion 9 months ago - I knew it was too good to be true! thanks for your response.
• United States
20 Sep 08
hi my name is antinica and i am writing you to let you know that i am a customer for sweepstakes clearing house and i have recieved many vouchers from them and i have sunt them in a payment for a computer laptop dextop lugguge stereo and watch just for a little of nothing you should really give them a try they are great when i recieved my computer and things i was so shocked because i thought the same thing you thought but i did send them a check and they shipped my products right away they're real and they're a really good company so you better get while you stil have that voucher thanks antinica flowers/south bend,indiana
1 person likes this
@maddysmommy (16230)
• United States
8 Feb 09
Thanks for that but I decided to just throw it away. It just seemed too good to be true.
• United States
20 Sep 08
I receiced similar mailings from them and I made the purchase. First it was the luggage which took a week longer than expected but I did get it and have used it a couple times. Then I bought a laptop, that one I put on layaway until I paid it off. I just got some more vouchers and is about to buy a camcorder from them again. It is all up to you if you want to buy from them, I did and I will again.
1 person likes this
• United States
12 Nov 08
yes i have received them tooo i dont kno if it is tru e or now i will just have to wit n c
1 person likes this
@jayvee (1)
• United States
15 May 10
I have the same situation I have the credit vouchers I issued them a check for a lay away plan and pay certain amount thru my credit card but unfortunately, I can't check my account since they don't give the account number related to it.I'm really stuck!Please help me to follow- up this transaction.
• United States
26 Jul 10
No, I wouldn't say it is a fraud. It is the real deal. I bought a couple of items from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse. The computer I bought was in pretty good condition and I haven't experienced any problems with it. I have read that some people didn't get their computer at all. So it may have something to do with the fact that they may run out of computers from time to time because so many people are buying computers from them. So the wait may be a little long. I will say that the vouchers is unnecessary. The product would have cost that much with or without the vouchers. I was satisfied with my computer but the stereo I ordered from them didn't work as well as I would have expected. The turntable and the cd player worked fine but the tape deck plays too slowly. Fortunately, I rarely use the tapedeck but it would have been nice to use it if I had wanted to. So be careful. Some of their items maybe cheaply made or damaged!
• United States
4 Jan 11
yes i have recieved the same thing as u have.
@jc7020 (1)
• United States
19 Apr 11
I get those in the mail all the time and sometimes I tack Advantage of their deals one time I bot a stereo that was worth 699 and I had a 400 dallor voucher so I paid 299 and I got the sterio very nice RCA two subwoofers and two tweeters whieth Ipod dock.
• United States
19 Apr 11
I get those in the mail all the time and sometimes I tack Advantage of their deals one time I bot a stereo that was worth 699 and I had a 400 dallor voucher so I paid 299 and I got the sterio very nice RCA two subwoofers and two tweeters whieth Ipod dock.
9 Jan 12
my name is terry an it's not a scam because i have cash in on a lot of theme.I JUST ORDER TWO BIKES FOR ME AN MY GRIL. I'M JUST ONE PERSON I MYST BE MORE OUT THERE. TAKE CARE MR TERRY FORM MA.