What is beyond good and evil?

@urbandekay (18278)
March 15, 2007 3:39pm CST
What is it that is beyond good and evil? all the best urban
2 people like this
3 responses
16 Mar 07
Is it something to do with Freidrich Nietzshe's philosophy of the future? I am not very familiar with it but seem to recall something about it. Something to do with not believing everything and thinking for yourself.
@urbandekay (18278)
16 Mar 07
Wow! I'm impressed but can you think what Nietzsche claims is beyond good and evil? The answer will surprise a lot of people All the best urban
1 person likes this
@urbandekay (18278)
23 Mar 07
Not so impressed by your second response but best answer anyway all the best urban
1 person likes this
16 Mar 07
Oh blimey... Something to do with christian morals and values or summat I think! The freedom of will is beyond good and evil? Blimey going back a long time this!
• China
16 Mar 07
its a game .^-^ can u explain what is good and evil? i think actually there aren't good and evil.they are only judged by human feeling.they are objective and inveracious.
@urbandekay (18278)
16 Mar 07
Hi, not sure what you mean by "inveracious, could you explain? all the best urban
• China
16 Mar 07
Um i cant explain clear in english .:( sorry
• China
16 Mar 07
its perceived rather than expressed.^-^
• United States
15 Jul 07
The will to power. According to Nietzche, pre-morality is motivated by guilt or an actions consequences. But the place we must strive for (extra-moral) is motivated by the most honest of all motivations, the will to power or dominance. Neither good or bad, it is fact, and is accomplished by examining your intentions used to determine your act. For example, you might give to charities, but while a moral person might say they gave because the other needed it, a truly honest (extra-moral) person would conclude the reason for giving was to appear superior to another, if only to himself.
@urbandekay (18278)
15 Jul 07
Ok, very impressive but I have a slightly different reading of Nietzsche. By my reading it is not the will to power to which I refer but something else. Though I recognise that your interpretation is certainly more generally accepted than mine. all the best urban
@urbandekay (18278)
16 Jul 07
Ok, I'll have a think about that. Not sure how to express it succinctly here. all the best urban
• United States
15 Jul 07
I'm interested to hear what your interpretation is? Nietzche had so many ideas out of the norm, it's easy to come away with several different meanings and interpretations that could all be on point.