flipping a form for printing

@repzkoopz (1895)
Philippines
March 24, 2007 11:59am CST
hey guys! basically, i need this for printing. i've tried to search all over the net for answers, but can't find a good one. here's the problem: i created a program for ID printing using visual basic. to simplify things, i used a whole form, matched its size to letter-sized paper. now, the problem comes in when its time to print. the printout requires the whole image to be mirror-printed, meaning, it should be reverse printed. i can print the whole thing, no problem, if its printed normally. but i can't seem to find a way to print it in reverse. i tried using bitblt, but it only reverses the image. i need everything in that form reverse-printed. can anyone help me out on this one?
1 person likes this
5 responses
@ApOgEE (45)
• Malaysia
28 Mar 07
Hi repzkoopz, You can solve this by simply using StretchBlt API. Because myLot didn't allow me to paste code here and I'm lazy to re-type all of my code. I have created the step by step instruction to create my simple testing project on my blog http://coderstalk.blogspot.com/2007/03/how-to-flip-visual-basic-form-in.html and I hope this will help you. You can observe how I use StretchBlt to flip the entire content of the form.
@repzkoopz (1895)
• Philippines
28 Mar 07
woooww.. a blog just for me! hahaha.. appreciated! c',) hmmmm.. code looks good! i'll give it a shot! hopefully it does exactly what i need it to do. thanx a lot man! c',)
1 person likes this
@ApOgEE (45)
• Malaysia
28 Mar 07
Sorry, the link is not working. I missed a word on the url. How bad, I can't simply paste the link... so here is the real link http://coderstalk.blogspot.com/2007/03/how-to-flip-your-visual-basic-form-in.html Hope it will help!! :D
2 people like this
@ApOgEE (45)
• Malaysia
28 Mar 07
you're welcome. I'm glad if it help you :D
2 people like this
@knajay (26)
2 Apr 07
I am also having similar problem i have to print a report For that i felt Rich text box is good tool where we can open/save an rtf format files and print it as we can print in word documents now i am finding deficulty in inserting values in proper position my sugession for u is you can go for Rich text box
@repzkoopz (1895)
• Philippines
2 Apr 07
thanx for the advice knajay! c',) but i can't use rtf since i'm dealing with id printing. the earlier advice worked for me pretty well.
1 person likes this
@schenz (22)
• United States
25 Mar 07
What version of VB? Some code please?
2 people like this
@repzkoopz (1895)
• Philippines
25 Mar 07
vb6. i trying to find out a code to do that so i can't provide any.
1 person likes this
@schenz (22)
• United States
26 Mar 07
Sorry, I am a .NET guy, so I do not know how to do it in VB6
1 person likes this
@repzkoopz (1895)
• Philippines
26 Mar 07
its ok. if you know some codes to do that, let me know. i can import that to vb6. c',) thanx man!
1 person likes this
@mnsrwt123 (2057)
• India
1 Apr 08
well, there must be a function presented in the printing section of visual basic .net 2005, try that you will definately find the one...
@repzkoopz (1895)
• Philippines
2 Apr 08
hmmm.. unfortunately, i'm not using .net. i stick with vb6, i guess i'm in love with it. hehehe.. but i managed to flip what i needed to be flipped so its ok.. the only problem i have left is that i can't flip anything exceeding the size of the screen.