Responses from previous discussion on Virginia Tech

I am upset because people are actually starting to debate about Virginia Tech. The discussion I started was not for this purpose, and it is upsetting, because it has only been a few days. I started the discussion with the hopes of showing support and of reaching out to the families and victims in my own way, not with the intentions of arguing over this and that. I guess some people are more concerned about being "right" or politically correct, than about the loss of life. It is no surprise in this day and age, but I am digusted by some of the feedback. Why do people want to argue instead of thinking about what just happened? I suppose it's a way to deflect, but pick another topic.
@winterose (39897)
I am not writing much here because mylot has not been working. I understand how you feel. I guess people are just very passionate about their feelings.