Gossip

@kitkat1 (1227)
I think of gossip around the same lines of rumors they are pretty much the same in content dont you think? But is one more damaging or should i say more hurtful than the other? I often thought about that one and could never come up with and answer for it. I try not to gossip but sometimes you do and dont realize it cause maybe a good friend will tell you something and you think well my friend never lied to me before and perhaps she didnt lie but someone lied to her and once you repeated what your friend said you have just spread gossip and didnt even realize it. This has happened to me many time and now i find myself analyzing what everyone tells me before i say a word and sometimes i never repeat it. How do you feel about this? Have you been a victim of gossip?
@kathy77 (7487)
Oh yes gossip and rumour are the same to my way of thinking. It all depends on what is said actually, but they normally are very hurtful. I also try not to gossip as this can hurt the person that you are gossiping about. It certainly makes you think twice before you repeat what you have heard. Yes I have been a victim of gossip and it did hurt especially it was a lie as well.
I think we should ignor gossip as listening can cause great harm to us and those we gossip about. If you dont know that it is true dont repeat it. Dont base your knowledge of an event by some secondhand information.