I hate Answering Machines!!!

Oh I really hate answering machines, even tho I have voice mail on my own telephone... Yesterday I had to make an important call to a government agency and when I finally reached them i got an answering machine, you know the kind, press one for this department, press two if you have a question regarding so and so, and etc...well when I finally sifted through the various departments I got the right one and when the little "beep" finally played in my ear I completely stammered...I said "um" like 5 times, I forgot my phone number, then I confused my zip code with my phone number...think I even said "oh jeez" in the middle of trying to leave the message...and when it was finally all over I just hung up the phone in disgust... I thought to myself, whoever gets this message in this department is gonna think I was nuts or something...this ever happen to you?? Answering machines are great I suppose, always nice to leave a important message or receive one to...but I just hate them!
@whywiki (6070)
I hate them too. I always sound like a stammering fool. I practice before I have to call somewhere that I know I have to leave a message and I still make a fool of myself. I don't care if it is friend or family they already know I'm nuts, but when I have to leave a message at an important place I inevitable make an idiot of myself!
thats the worse I think, I practice as well, but I always seem to screw up my message no matter how prepared I may think I am... thanks for posting.
@mrsbrian (1951)
I so hate the fact that you cant talk to a human anymore and not only that it takes like 25 min to get to he department you want if you even get there. Half the time you finally make it thru and than it says so and so is not available please leave a message. where have all the humans gone I miss them.
@callarse1 (4786)
I especially hate when you have to call for example a doctor's office or something very important, you cannot talk to anyone and HAVE to leave a message. It annoys me a lot. I figure what the hell am I paying to see the doctor if I cannot talk to anyone directly? And it annoys the hell out of me when they call me back and I am not by the phone! Then I have to call AGAIN and leave another message. I don't like playing phone tag at all. Have a nice day. Pablo
@pinklilly (3445)
I really hate answering machines too... I usually hang up because I panic but then if it is important and I need too I will usually call back but will rehearse and write down what I need to say but even then I change it while I'm reading it out..... uuurrrrgggghhhhh What is it with those darn things that makes people clam up????
@SpitFire179 (2536)
I hate them just as much, i mean, i just can't think, and i can't get the idea of talking to myself, or making a recording of myself that would be around, you know? I just don't like them at all, i have voice mail of my own, and it takes me 3 hours to just make the recorded voice mail message, and then if I'm out and have to call the house to let one of the roomies or my husband know something, i HATE leaving a message so bad that i usually just hang up and call back several times haha... Man I'm an odd one.