Sleeplessness: Any remedy?

By Nic
@academic2 (7009)
Uganda
Sometimes sleep just disappears for reasons I can hardly explain. I lie there from the time I stop watching the tele at 10 p.m and I stay awake all night long. The amazing thing is that it happens without any warning! Has any body experienced this and how have handle this sleeping crisis?
@ganwn071 (1117)
The only time that I can't sleep was that something is bothering me. I will keep thinking about it. I will doze off, and then the things that are bothering me will wake me up as my mind is thinking about it in the sleep. The only way to stop think it was to get up and pens it down on the paper and I will go back to sleep again, usually after I had pen it down, I will doze off and only wake up when the alarm rings
@academic2 (7009)
• Uganda
It is true, that when there are problems bothering your mind, it could be financial, relationship or other personal problems, you can never have a good sleep. You sleep simply because you have been overwhelmed by the forces of sleep, otherwise you could stay awake all night, and by the way, some people do!
@jlara_gtr34 (3492)
drink warm milk and read a boring book. thats what i do.
@academic2 (7009)
• Uganda
I like that prescription jlara_gtr34, I will try that out immediately tonight and see the out come-about a boring book, am affraid I dont have any such, but I know am not good with Physics or chemistry stuff, may be trying to read those books will send me instantly to sleep! Thanks a lot!
@demo3424 (599)
yes i too get that experience.i try to read books.this makes mr feel sleepy.i think this is a better option than taking sleeping pills which have side effects
@academic2 (7009)
• Uganda
I too read books sometimes, although listening to music has worked better for me than anything else.