Marriage advice

@Azita888 (315)
so me and my boyfriend will get married eventually, but he suggested to get a civil marriage now for financial reasons and when we have money then have a big wedding. Should I go for it? or is it his way of us never having a big wedding?
@missybal (4492)
Why not go somewhere in the middle. I got married outside with a priest and a few close friends and family. Full formal, very beautiful. Then we had a full reception at my grandmothers house that we invited everyone and the only thing we did was make the meats and had relatives bring a plate to pass and it was perfect, not too expensive. I couldn't do a civil marriage. My husband and I do plan to have an anaversery party every 10 years or so. My best friend had a full big wedding. Spent an arm and leg took a whole year to plan was stressed to the max then was just happy to get it over with. She really ended up not getting anything her way due to everyone's imput and changes in the end.
@Azita888 (315)
thank you for your advice, i will bring it up to him and see what he says
@LovingIt (5398)
Why not just have a small family wedding in the church? I did this the 2nd time I got married and it was wonderful. It was just our immediate families, the preacher, and his wife. Small and intimate, but it was a church wedding and it meant a lot.