What would you do if you were in the midst of a tornado..

What would you do ..if you were driving or outdoors when a tornado touched down? Would you try to outrun or outdrive it?
OMG!! I WOULD DIE!! Die of a coronary or attack! they are my most feared thing ever! Movies about them make me want to cry or hide..i live high up in the mountains.miles away from civilization..and i tel you what i know id try to outrun it and pray to God the whole time driving,,but if it just appeared i would try and hide us in my closet,,they say to find a ditch..helloo there is no freakin way im goin outside so it can say.,.HEY!! AINT THAT APRIL'S A$$? Say good bye and kiss it before i take u away..lol lol lol!!no wayy..if my home goes in it well ok i tried..but i aint gonna let it take me in a dang ditch! lol!!
You know cloud kicker you really have a gift with words! I always enjoy reading your comments..You put your whole heart and soul into the responses and it's so evident. If you are in the mountains..I don't think tornados really hit there as much...They really like flat stretches of land. ..The closet is good or a bathtub in the lower level of your house..I heard that the bathtub is safe since plumbing remains after a tornado touches down. We use to go to the tub as kids till we all outgrew it;)+
@aseru48 (173)
I would try finding something I can tie myself to. Something that is put into the ground really deep. Like they did in the movie Twister.
There are many tornado warnings across the USA tonight ..this is what prompted me to this topic ..One never knows when a tornado may drop in on him/her..:)+
@oriental (1051)
• Uruguay
As I have already written in another occasion, there are no tornados here in Uruguay. But I'll give a look to other mylotees responses, just in case the climate changes for worse.
@RL2006 (494)
I was almost in this position twice in my working years. I had been at work, I started home, and right behind me was the storm, tornado or what ever it was, it killed several, tore down buildings and one old man and his wife had gone to the storm house, their house was blown away, but they were safe in their storm house with a tree on top of it. Someone was with them, wasn't there.
If I couldn't find a bridge to drive and hide under, then I would have to say that of course I would try to outrun or outdrive it. Why not outsmart it and drive in a direction that is sure to escape it? Or I could be cool like all of those tornado chasers and pray that I live to tell about it.
I would sit there and enjoy it, I have driven thr hurricanes and sat in a trailer during the three that passed thur Florida in 2004. I guess God really does watch out for fools.