Do you agree with arranged marriage?

Do you agree with arranged marrige? I know back home there are some families that do it and I was just wondering about how other people think about it. For me...Ive seen couples where it works out and others where it doesnt.
@rodeotexas (1154)
I think that everyone should be allowed to choose who they marry. People can't choose who others love no matter how much or hard they try. Yes you can learn to love someone over time but why do that when you can fall in love with someone that is right for you and that you want to be with. I'm so glad that I got to choose who I married.
Yes, thats true....Im glad that I chose who I married too.
@stdrst (471)
• Bulgaria
I can marry somebody onle when I lvoe him. If my parents tell me to marry or arrange my marriage I would never forgive them this. I can be free and if they don't letme to be free, it means that they don't really love me.
I guess it depends on what you believe marriage is for. If it is because you love the person and want to spend the rest of your life with this person then an arranged marriage would not be agreeable. But on the other hand,if you see marriage as two families merging and it is your duty to marry to appease your parents, then an arrange marriage would be okay.I am not the marrying kind so it depends on you and your culture and beliefs.