Healthy fruit spice cake

@brimia (6585)
I've made this recipe 3 times in the past 2 months. It's moist, delicious, healthy, and a crowd pleaser. Upside-Down Pear Gingerbread * 1 T. trans fat-free margarine, melted * 3/4 c. whole-wheat pastry flour * 3/4 c. all-purpose flour * 2 t. ground ginger * 1 1/2 t. cinnamon * 1 t. baking powder * 1/4 t. baking soda * 1/4 t.salt * 1 large egg or egg substitute * 1/3 c. sugar * 1/3 c. molasses * 1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce * 1/4 c. canola oil * 1/3 c. plain low-fat (soy) yogurt * 1/4 c. packed light brown sugar * 1/4 c. chopped walnuts * 3 pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise Preheat oven to 350°. Brush a 10-inch cast-iron skillet or 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish with the margarine. In a medium bowl whisk together both flours, the ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the egg, sugar and molasses for three minutes. Add applesauce and oil, and beat until blended. Fold in flour mixture and yogurt. Set aside. Press the brown sugar evenly over the bottom of the prepared skillet. Sprinkle with nuts. Arrange pear slices in circles over nuts. Pour the batter over the pears. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Loosen edges of the cake with knife, then invert it onto platter. Makes 12 servings
@VotreAmie (3037)
This sounds delicious Brimia. Thank you for sharing with us. I love learning new recipes. My husband loves pears so I'm sure he will love this cake. I will have to try it some time soon.
This recipe looks great Im a vegan so the ingredients suit me really well Thanks for sharing it ehre at mylot. ive copied it and will try it soon.
Yummy, this sounds great. I'll give it a try this week. I rated you a + for this post, thank you very much sugar.