Breaking the rules to say "thank you?"

Why is that breaking the rules? Isn't it more polite to say thank you, then nothing? We don't get a point for it, so why is it breaking MyLot's rules?
I think that is a funny rule and knew that was one here. It made no sense when I read it and it still makes no sense. I like to let people know that I appreciate what they have said on my discussions and on any response to other discussions that I have made. My mom always taught me to show appreciation and the way to do that is to say thank you. I do say thank you because that is part of who I am.
I always say thank you too. It is such a dumb rule. I don't even pay attention to that one. I am not going to be rude because of MyLot.
@pyewacket (44032)
That's the silliest rule I've ever heard...I mean I've said thank you lots of times when a person has posted something that was a really terrific response --and yes it is polite
I agree, but if you look at the "dont's" in the rules, you will see it there.
@pyewacket (44032)
Okay just took a look..it is against the rules to say thank you...but it also indicates that to do so doesn't add "points" for you..so with that said and done, and we know we're not gaining the points to say thank you..then theorectically it should still be all right to say thank you...maybe what they mean by it is that people post thank yous thinking they'll get more points
@ryanphil01 (4185)
yes, we don't get any points when we say thank you to every discussion and comments. i don't want to break any rules here in mylot...sorry, i won't be able to say thank you to you. hahahaha
Well I think it is polite, sorry. So thank you for replying.
@brokentia (10395)
I have wondered this myself. I have often thought that if I do not comment at all to the person, I do not want it to seem rude or as if I am not reading it. Because I do read every response. But then I also know that I can not thank the person for the response because I need my pennies and do not want to do anything to get banned. So, I try to think of something to say to each person. But then, I also skip a few to try to not respond in fear of it appearing as if I am thank each person. With that thought...I figure it is because they have to store our discussions with the responses and comments somewhere. And to store an comment on each and every response would be huge!!! So, that is the way I try to view it. myLot just wants to make sure that what is stored is valid space used. :) Good question!
WEll I think it is polite, and will continue. If I am banned, then so be it. Thank you for answering my posting my friend.
@sigma77 (5385)
Silly rules and more silly rules. Rules as they say are meant to be broken. Thanks for posting this discussion...lol.
I agree, and I will still say it. So, thank you for responding to my discussion.
@VotreAmie (3037)
I was wondering about this too. But I think that you can not respond with only a thank you sentence to discussions. But if someone answers your own discussion it's fine to just comment with a thank you because you don't get paid for commenting on your own discussions anyway. I might be wrong though, that's just what I think makes sense.
I think they put that there for all the people who have joined and thanked all their repliers. THEN went and complained to myLot for not getting credit. I don't think it is a rule that they 'punish' for. Rather I just think it is to let people know they don't earn more for saying thanks to everyone.
@aidonia (4210)
• Greece
I didn't know that saying thank you was against the rules of mylot.I thought just we didn't earn money and really I didn't care at all about these.i use to say thank you a lot and even after i learn I broken the rules I'll still continue do it.
@dana234 (2116)
• Spain
I always thank people for their answers to my discussions. It´s a way of letting them now that I´ve read and appreciated their replies. I´ve read the "don´t" of the sites rules, maybe it´s just to let us know that we´re not going to earn anything from giving comments, as other people said here, but it´s weird that they put it in the "don´t" section. XXX Dana
@aprilgrl (4460)
I agree I have a habit saying thank you and we should get points for it
@mamasan34 (6521)
I have no idea why that is a rule. I think that saying thank you is polite and necessary to show appreciation to your mylot friends for responding to your discussions and participating! I always try to thank everyone who responds to my discussions.
@lauriefnp (5112)
You're so right, Margie. Why is it against the rules to be polite and to acknowledge that someone responded to or commented in your discussion? It's not like they are paying you for your manners... What you choose to do in your own discussion should be up to you.
@mari61960 (4895)
I don't think they mean if you do it's a breaking of the rules. I believe that what they are meaning is... You don't have to comment on each response to thank them..as you will not be paid for it so it is not needed. I don't think it is as much a rule as a suggestion in this case. I don't always comment on every response but at times I do if I have something to add of comment on. But I don't do it just to say thanks... Not to mean I am not thankful to each and every mylotter that responds but it is rather unnecessary in my opinion most of the time....Maybe we should put "Thank You in advance for your responses"....lol This place is crazy...lol
@kgwat70 (13395)
I do not think there is anything wrong with saying Thank you as long as you include more than just Thank you in your comment. Some people only put Thank you in their response. If a person types some other comments with the Thank you it should be okay. Saying only Thank you as a response is not quality response if nothing else is included. Some people are spamming and trying to cheat myLot and I think that is why they put that out there.
@linda345 (2661)
Thank you for starting the discussion. Yes it is polite to say thank you. The only reason I can quess is it might have something to do with taking up space on their server or something. Mind you that is just a guess.