wHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PERIOD OF HISTORY AND WHY?

@ESKARENA1 (18299)
What period of history do you associate with and why?
@tala91285 (1080)
I like ancient history from all over the world. I like the antiquity and whenever I'd read about it, it makes me feel as if it's really different from the world that we live in now. I know it's crazy but sometimes I feel as if I can really see myself living in that period of man's history.
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
and indeed you may well have done, there are more things in heaven and on earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy
@pyewacket (44032)
I actually have several periods of history I'm drawn to...ancient Egyptian, Greek, Medieval, Renaissance, even Viking history...also, the Revolutionary and Civil War periods of American history--as for the reason...for the first bunch I haven't a clue but always have from even when I was a Kid..as far as the Revolutionary War/Civil War..I had ancestors that fought in those wars...prior to learning that I had no interest really in American History, but by finding out I had ancestors back then made history real for me
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
oh thats fantastic . I so agree a real tangiable personal connection with a period makes it very real, i had a great uncle who was in two of the major battles of the first world war and feel drawn to this period too. blessed be
@magica (3710)
• Bulgaria
The Renesaince. May be because of its progressive character.And also with the unknown future.
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
for sure i think the rebirth of learning, charicterised by the renaissaince and the accompanying scientific revolution mark a massive leap forward in the development of the modern world blessed be
@nancyrowina (3850)
I always liked studying the Tudor period of history I loved the costumes and like the literature produced at the time. I'd love to have met Elizabeth the first she must have been an amazing woman.
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
I agree, to live through the torment of seeing her own mother executed, to be incarcerated in the tower of London , to have her life under threat for most of it and to still hang on to her throan dispite it all, she was an amazing woman indeed blessed be
@randy88 (685)
My favourite is the period of Martin Luther who is run away from Roman-Catholic on 14-15th century, because on that time, church isn't figured as the vice of the GOD in the earth, but as seller of the indulgence that's really annoyed
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
for sure this too is a fascinating period. I think Luther has left his mark on the world in a way that we are all still coming to terms with, has certainly changed the terms of all our relationships with the church. It is hard for us now to recognise that without luther, people like me and probably you too, would most likely not have been allowed to learn to read blessed be
@Augustta (1860)
• Poland
My favorite period of history is World War II 1937-1945. There are just so many aspects of this event to study. There are endless angles to approach it from. So many tragedies and so many amazing stories of survival and heroism. It never ceases to captivate me.
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
ohhhh my friend, I too find the whole epoch fascinating. As you say there are so many stories. I have been teaching this period to graduate students, its great stuff blessed be
@derek_a (10897)
I would say I am attracted to two historical periods strongly to Ancient Egypt and pre-Christian Greece. Why? That's not so easy to answer because all I have is weak impressions, but I feel an affinity with the period. I feel what was to follow, especially when early pagans got persecuted by twisted teachings was dark and sinister. I always get the feeling that part of who I am was caught up in that period of history. I always get an image of a forest that was a home I loved. Some bigotted religious zealot dragged me away did some despicable things to me. It may be just a dream, but it is definitely having an effect on my psyche until I can find closure. A dream character IMO, can take on the role of a persecutor and the ego is going to respond to it. But that would be right anyway, because yesterday is but a dream now - so it's all dreams whether what I am getting is past-life memories or nothing. Those characters need my forgiveness for my sake, as they are part of me now. Sorry if I seem to have digressed a bit here. :)
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
i too have been strongly attracted to ancient Egypt. I have travelled to Luxor on many ocassions and felt a wonderful affinity with the workmens village in Der el Medina blessed be