Do you often "preach" to the others?

@magica (3710)
Bulgaria
I dont mean to preach to them your religious belief, if any. I mean are you from theese people who allways know better what is the best them to do, who gives allways advices - wanted or unwanted- and etc? And are you allways concious about doing so and when you need to stop? And how do you treat the same behavior from the people arround you?
Only sometimes. I usually give advice when asked for it because I know what it feels like to be on the recieving end of someone trying to dictate your every move. It's quite annoying and makes people feel inadequate.
I find myself preaching to people a lot more often than I would like. I like to be able to give my two cents to help someone out, but when it is a subject I am passionate about, I find that I usually give them more than they asked for. I do not like being preached to. I like to get advice, but when somone comes on board with a "holier than thou" attidtude about something, I immediatly tune them out and find a polite way to leave the conversation.
Well I only give advice when asked and most of the time I don't do that anymore because the person rarely every takes the advice. And they only want to whine about there problems and think that is the only way to get me to listen.
@ellie26 (4128)
Yes, I was like that before but not anymore. I used to preach people almost everything, be it religion, relationship, products, clothes etc. I did not realise I have that "preaching" habit. I dont know what make me stop but somehow I felt better. For me, if I stumble upon someone who is a "preacher", I would probably just sit and listen. Who knows you might learn something valuable from them.
@KissThis (3006)
I try to only give advice when someone asks me for it. I do have to admit that there are times that I go ahead an give advice even though the person didn't ask me to. I come from a large family so there is always someone who tries to give you advice on how to live your life. I will normally let them sit there and lecture me for a while. I hardly take their advice because their ways of doing things are different then mine.
I guess I will have to admit to get a little "preachy" a times on certain topics. But usually it is something that I know a lot about. I usually only give advice when asked for it, but sometimes when I am not, but that isn't very often. :) I don't really mind people that are passionate about their beliefs as I always have the opportunity to tune them out or just get up and leave if it gets that bad.
@cassidy22 (2975)
No, I am not preachy. My religious beliefs are my own, and I don't push them on anyone else. If someone asks me about how I feel, I will share. But I do NOT preach religion to anyone, and usually don't appreciate when others feel the need to preach to me. I am intelligent enough to make my own conclusions. I have had bad experiences with door to door religious conversion types, as well as complete strangers who feel the need to "save" me. So I keep my religion to myself... I usually NEVER talk about religion or politics in mixed company, only with my CLOSEST friends.