Don't You Hate When People Insist On Being Right?

@Rozie37 (15499)
Turkmenistan
It irritates me when I person has already been proven wrong and will still insist on being right. I know that this is pride, but it can be very annoying. To me, it is just easier to admit that I was wrong than to be wrong and seem stupid too. Do you know wnyone who insists on being right, even though you and him both know that he is wrong.
@jal1948 (1360)
No to people are the same and react differently to the same situation hence we can never positively say who is right and wrong as from his point of view he feels he is right,
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
I am not talking about opinions, I am speaking of facts. Some peoples pride will not let them admit when they are wrong, even after they have been proven wrong.
I have a friend who has to be right all the time just because she has a mastards degree. Just because you have more education than I does not mean you are alway right. I just give up I will not argue with her. We have another friend who will argue with her and boy do they get into some really big doozies I just walk away. When all is said and done both of them do does not listen to the other one. I get so frustrated with them I do not want to be around each of them.
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
I had a therapist like that. Although, she had a Master's Degree, I had actually lived this stuff. I had been through things that no book in the world could possibly educate her on. You remind me of a friend that I have. Not saying that you are exactly like her, because you wouldn't be on Mylot if you were. When another friend and I are eating and we get into a bebate, the first friend is ready to go. She does not care about anything beyond her vision. She does care about anything going on in the news or around the world, she is very self-centered. I am the type of person, I need a good debate, and good conversation and she is not able to give me that kind of stimulation, but then the other friend goes off the deep end. She has a lot of unresolved issues from childhood, so when you talk to her about things in the news, you would think that these things are actually happening to her and it can quickly become over-whelming. She thinks that eveyone should over-react the way that she does and if you don't then you don't care.
I don't understand what the big deal is. If you are wrong, then you are wrong. I don't have a problem with saying that I said or did something wrong. Or apologizing. I know one man that has never apologized to anyone in his life and when asked why? He said he never had anything that he had ever done that he needed to apologize for. I think that is a very sad way to think indeed. We are all human and all prone to make mistakes.
@wonderful1 (2075)
I hate those people very much. It is good to believe yourself, but sometimes it is not important to know who is right and wrong. It needs courage to admit wrong for someone. He/she maybe think it is ashamed to be wrong in little things. I often make mistakes, and I am glad if someone can point them out and correct them for me. When I was a student in a middle school, I often went to school late. My teacher was very angry about it, but I often admited my mistake and promise to give up it.
@nurhoney (1123)
those people who thinks they are always right are perfectionist people...its hard to deal with people so self-centered and conceited.