Manic Preachers

Singapore
I hear about them all the time. Religious leaders on the edge of sanity, teaching hatred, fear and violence. All religions and believes seem to have them, in all age, gender and color. The worst part is that people believe them. Perhaps with our longing to belong, we sometimes choose to ignore truth. Perhaps in our darkest days, anything that seem to shine looks like light. Perhaps we are just stupid.
@Galena (9120)
didn't they do motorcycle emptiness? hehe.
Under neon loneliness motorcycle emptiness~ Heard they were on the road again, that true?
@Galena (9120)
think so. there's a new song, but it wasn't that great. love the manics live.
They are cool but no one beats the old Queen... no one.
@whywiki (6070)
It always amazes me how preachers on the edge of sanity have large followings. Like the Jones town massacre. How did all these seemingly normal people think that drinking poisonous kool-aid was going to lead them to heaven!
It amazes me too, kool-aid isn't all that heavenly... *cough* I meant perhaps they were lost in life and needed something, anything to guide them.
@uath13 (8204)
Actually if I remember correctly many of them were forced to by the armed religious zelots that ran the place. You either drank the kool-aid or got shot. Those that did it willingly were probably brainwashed terribly.
Not a good way too go... We never had a problem like that in my country (Singapore) cause religion is strictly regulated and monitored. All religions bodies have to be registered and transparent in their operations. The down side is that it is almost impossible for non-mainstream religions operate here.
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I think people like this attract people who want to live in hatred, fear, and violence anyway, and just use religion as an excuse. I have known so many people who were horrible people before they found religion, and then when they did become religious it just basically became their excuse for acting the way they wanted to act in the first place. It's scary how many of these manic preachers are out there though. Not just in the big cities, or the known cults, but even in small town pulpits where they are only influencing a few people. Then those few people go make someone like me's life miserable. =p
That's what black candles with (censored from fluffies) and names are for *ahem* I meant some people are too afraid look inside themselves. They are afraid to find that they suck and need to change. I was like that once :p I give my Goddess huge credit for correcting that in me. At the same time, I can understand how some of these people feel. Unfortunately, the only way I know how to change someone like that is to rip his/her world apart with truth and stick truth into them. It's more painful then it sounds, trust me...