I feel like a loser :(

@4cuteboys (4102)
No matter what I do, this baby cries. I hold him, feed him, play with him, change him, burp him, carry him around, take him out in the stroller and the list goes on and on. And is he ever happy? NO! I must be doing something wrong. I have taken him to the doctor a zillion times because I think maybe its an ear infection or something and he gets a clean bill of health each time. So what am i doing wrong? It must be something for him to be this cranky all the time. I suck. :(((
@sunshine4 (8707)
The baby is probably sensing your frustration and that won't help calm him. I watch a 6 month old and he is teething right now. I give him the teething rings that I put in the frig to cool them off. He likes them. He also isn't fussy when in the swing or with his pacifier. This baby also was diagnosed with acid reflux. He has calmed down a lot since he has been put on his medicine. Does your baby spit up alot? This might be part of the reason also.
@Gemmygirl1 (2870)
I find it odd people are offering advise which includes reflux & cholic - if he's been to see the Dr a zillion times, they would have picked that up!!! Don't be surprised if it's just more teething, i noticed that when my daughter's top teeth were coming through, especially the 2nd one, she was more aggitated than usual. Perhaps they're on their way - you wont be able to see them yet but with the teeth pushing against the inside of the gums i'm sure it's painful (i don't remember)!! You could try some Tylenol (i think that's what they use over there) & see if it calms him for a bit, if it does, then you know he's in pain which is the reason for crying all the time! Try using the car, put him in his car seat & take him for a drive, that usually does the trick but it depends, it might not work if he's in pain. Babies also get frustrated with things - my daughter will get grumpy & cry when she's trying to do something that she's not succeeding with. Good luck & i'm sure you work out the problem, i'd think it'd be teething still so try the tylenol & see if it calms him for a bit - then you'll know the problem!
@Foxxee (3653)
Not really. Sometimes it can take up to several visits until a doctor can find out it's reflux or cholic. It's kind of just like teething or gas problems. Sometimes it's a guessing game.
@nic24uk (571)
hes probably teething you can buy some teething gel from most shops just rub a bit on his gums every day and it will help with his pain. dont get so upset your doing a great job :)
@Foxxee (3653)
If he got a clean bill, then it's probably teething or gas. Try some gas drops for the gas and then try some of the teething tablets or something for teething. Doctors can't tell if gas or teething is what is making the baby cry out all the time. Teething can go on forever, something you don't even have to see a tooth coming in in order for it to hurt the little guy. And as for gas, that can be a problem up to a year or even longer. But those are the two most things that doctors can't detect and they just guess at. And since you took him to the doctors, it might very well be one of the two. Depending on your sons age, I would probably guess it's teething.
Looks like you and I and a couple others hear are having a not so comfy day!! I wonder if it's something in the stars or in the airwaves..I hope your little baby gets to feeling better ..I am going to pray he gets to feeling back to himself;)+
@KrisNY (7591)
OMG-- You suck?? And you have 4 boys? Come on now- Cheer up.. It’s not you.. He is just going through something- He will cheer up soon. Maybe he’s teething- maybe it’s the weather- maybe he doesn’t feel well.. Perhaps he just likes to cry. You don’t suck- You are just tired, and emotional (pregnant) and nothing you do makes him stop crying. How about your husband- Any luck with him not crying when he plays with the baby? It will get better- just keep doing what you are doing- being a Great Mom!
it's nothing that you are doing that is making him cry. You are doing a great job of comforting him and it will all be ok. Hang in there!
Oh, I'm right there with ya!! My daughter is 6 months and 2 weeks old and lately she has been SO cranky and she just cries all the time! Her problem is teething, and I'm guessing that it's your little guy's problem too. I try so hard to keep my cool and I try everything I can think of to comfort her but sometimes there is nothing I can do to make her stop! I feel just awful for her but I also feel awful for myself as well! On top of all the crying, she also has a terrible runny nose and has been spitting up. What a miserable time! Just keep reminding yourself that this too will pass and things will get better soon. You don't suck, you're an amzing mom and this is just one of those things that's out of your control. Do car rides work for your son? Sometimes, when we've had an especially hard day, my husband will pack our daughter up and take her for a car ride and just let me have a little time to myself. Even if it's only a half hour it gives me a little time to unwind. Ask your husband if he will just drive the baby around for a little bit. Also, try giving a little infant Tylenol and see if that helps. Take a deeeeeep breath, relax, and let yourself off the hook.