Clean Up has begun

@jeanena (2003)
Bucklin, Kansas
I recently posted about the Tornado that tore up Greensburg kansas, my home town. We have been in Greensburg alot lately , meeting with FEMA and getting some of the stuff we can save from our house there. All around us there are houses with out their roof and trees up turned or torn to shreds ,and stories of how the people rode out the storm in basements or in their closets.and sometimes under furniture.But as big as that tornado was there could have been so much more loss of life than the 9 that died there. Thanks to a storm spotter that got the call out and gave the town 20 minutes of warning instead of the usual 5 minutes.This man is a hero in my eyes,I would like to know who he is so I could send him a letter of thanks for basically saving the lives of my family that still lived there. There is so much hope around Greensburg right now. You see signs in the yards of houses that are nothing more than matchsticks that say things like "the future home of" and then the family name. for sale signs with humor like"house for sale with new skylight" Everyone is working hard to clean up . The National Guard has troops in helping, and there is Police officers from all over the state helping. These guys have been wonderful. The red cross and fema has been there and Everyone is so kind.My thanks goes out to all of them.
@lightningMD (5932)
I think it is fantastic that people are able to find alittle humor in all this. It just shows how resilent humans are. I'm glad the response for help has been so good for you guys. It will be like having a brand new town. I hope somebody does find the name of that storm spotter what a wonderful job he did.
@jeanena (2003)
• Bucklin, Kansas
The true Kansas spirit reigns in Greensburg.They swear it will be back .
@sjohnson628 (3197)
This is great news that the help is coming in. I agree with you about the storm spotter. I would personally want to meet him and thank him!
@jeanena (2003)
• Bucklin, Kansas
Thank you for your response.I would really like to shake this mans Hand or give him a huge hug.They say after it hit town he helped with the injured as well.