Is there a way to back up your posts on blogger?

@VotreAmie (3037)
I know that on a free hosting website you can lose some posts if not the entire blog. This can be a huge problem since it requires so much time and effort to set up a blog with good content. I know we can copy and past each post on our PC. But this requires some time and also we have to not forget doing it each time. Do you know if there is an automatic way or a setting on blogger that can backup your posts?
@krayzee (1161)
I've been looking for a long time for a solution to backup my Blogger blogs. I found out that there's no automated way to do that. But here's what I do. Every now and then I make an offline copy of my blog, using HTTP Tracker (I hope that's the name LOL). So if anything happens I'll still have all my posts and my comments albeit on my hard disk not online.
@VotreAmie (3037)
Hi krayzee, this sounds a good solution. But I don't know what is HTTP tracker, where to get it and how to use it? Sorry krayzee, a lot of questions there. If you could answer, I would appreciate it a lot. Thank you!
@krayzee (1161)
I actually wrote the name down wrong LOL. It's actually called HTTrack and it's a free program that copies a site on your hard drive. See more here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Offline-Browsers/HTTrack-Website-Copier.shtml
@VotreAmie (3037)
Thank you krayzee. Is this service free? Sorry for my questions.
@mirage108 (3403)
There is one way for you to at least back up your posts. All you need to do is set it so that when you make a post to your blog it emails that post to you. I wont say that it is perfect but at least you have all your posts if you have to start over again.
@VotreAmie (3037)
Thank you mirage108. This will help as I don't want to always remember to backup.
@VotreAmie (3037)
I will need to find this setting. Thanks again.
@mirage108 (3403)
You will find that setting under settings email. hope that helps
@gabs8513 (48710)
No I don't Sweet and I didn't even know about this till I just read it I have a free web site going which I am still working on but I never knew this what I would like to know is how to show it public
@VotreAmie (3037)
Thanks Gabs!
As far as I know, there's no way to do a backup. I'm not sure it matters, because unless their backups were on a different server, if the server crashed, you'd still lose everything. My infallible way to keep everything safe without backing up, is to write everything to a file and then copy and paste to Blogger. That means I never lose an in-progress post if my connection goes down, or if Blogger gets weird. I have a program that I use for all my blogs, and it lets me keep all the posts in the order I wrote them.
@VotreAmie (3037)
Thank you unusualsuspect. This is one solution.