Nosey people.... What have they done to you?

Netherlands
My boyfriend is super nosey when it comes to my computer use. He will come in the room when I am online to "give me a hug" but he always tries to face me away from the computer while he tries to examine the screens. Good thing I can hear when he is comming....
@antoisra (821)
• Sri Lanka
Humhum. Seems so. Talk to him about it? And "Good thing I can hear when he is coming"? Does that mean that you're doing things that you don't want him to see?
• Netherlands
Oh not at all but it is quite irritating that he does it so it is fun to shut the screens off when i hear him coming. If he mentions that I have no screens, I mess with him about why is trying to look? It doesn't matter what I am doing it is no fun having someone watching over my shoulder.
He must be insecure.
@bhbirdie6 (1771)
Hm... your bf seems a little insecure. I think the nosiest people I've ever met were my parents when I was younger. They would always go into my room while I was gone "just to clean up a little". Funny though... it was always a little messier from all their rifling through my stuff. What I hated the most though was that they never had a reason to distrust me.
• Netherlands
My parents were also like that. They never made excuse that they were cleaning, they would just say that it is their house and they had a right to know what was in/going on in their house. It was maddening. Since leaving home, however, I expected to find a few things different but they really aren't. It is easy to think, leave him but when you live in another country which you are not a citizen it is not that simple. I can't just pack up and find a new house.