Should our children be allowed to pray in school

@tammytwo (4302)
I think they should. If we quit taking God out of everything, life would be better than it is now.
@magnel (2263)
As far as I know in all the Schools children start and end their day with a pray. I don't know about schools where children are not allowed from praying.
@tammytwo (4302)
That is not true. Our children do not pray here. It is not allowed because of the first amendment, seperation of church and school.
@magnel (2263)
but even if the church is separated from the school, it is the commom practice of the schools to start the day with a prayer...
I agree that prayer should not be forced or become part of the "curriculum", but just as I respect any adult's right to worship his or her own god, I believe that children should be allowed that right. If a child wished to pray before lunch or before class, who has the right to say "you can't do that" because "this is a public facility". We certainly can't start censoring the thoughts of people...my god, that's the beginning of the end!
@tammytwo (4302)
I believe they should not be forced to pray but I think it should be Ok for them to pray when they want without feeling like they are doing something wrong.
@xxtreme (594)
I have a deep faith in God.So i pray regularly, it gives me strength...
@magnel (2263)
that is so nice of you... keep praying, let others around learn from you...
@srhelmer (7031)
• Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
I think kids should be allowed to pray on their own or even in groups. The issue with prayer in school comes from when a teacher insists the kids do it.
@erielle (1281)
Sure why not? Can my children Meditate and hold rituals in school? If so, okay sure your kids can pray. Quit complaining your religion has freedom. Others should be the one to complain.
@tammytwo (4302)
Not complaining, just thinking we should quit excluding GOD from everything and our world would become a better place.
@ArsonCuff (3121)
Kids CAN pray in school...just keep it quiet so the gov. doesn't hear it. Actually most of the schools I have gone to allow a prayer group to meet outside around the flag poles...those kids hold hands and pray about surviving the food in the cafeteria or something
"...about surviving the food in the cafeteria..." That's priceless! And yet, so true...I bet there are many non-religious people who do the same!
Who is stopping kids from praying? In private religious schools, I'm pretty sure that there is organized prayer. Kids can pray in public school - either silently, privately, or through religion-based extracurricular clubs. When people talking about prayer in school, they mean organized prayer in public school, which is a clear violation of the 1st amendment.
@tammytwo (4302)
No one is stopping them. I just think that it is ridiculous that prayer is not more a part of things in school. I know we are supposed to keep church and school separate. But God should be included in everything we do. Maybe the world would be in better shape if He was.
@sambosch (845)
Not to pray the whole time. But it is good to start the day by just worshipping god.
@exodamus (1629)
it ius better for the children a\only. It will instill in them habit of giving respect to others and make them responsible in the future.