human psychology

Hi friends, i really dont understand why such behaviou is seen in women more then man. I see that usually at a bus stop women seem to stand in a place or amongst a group of women but rarely near a man. Why is this so? r we really a reason of insecurity to women?
@Tanya8 (1734)
Yes, unknown men are a source of insecurity for women. It's too bad, since the vast majority of men are probably well meaning and don't pose a threat. However most women have had at least one negative encounter with men in public places, so we take common sense steps to protect ourselves. I know that my father and my husband feel a bit offended when a woman acts nervously around them in an elevator or in a parking lot, but I'd way rather be the man getting offended, than the woman who constantly has to worry. I guess a few bad men spoil it for the rest of you, but since we usually don't have the size or the muscle mass to defend ourselves, we can't take the chance that the man standing next to us is nice and just wants to say hello. We're better off ignoring him, and standing in a group with other women.
Hi Tanya, i really appreciate your way of thinking and justifying the truth. However I think women should try to go in for a bit ofmartial arts and other such protective means. Afterall all humans are unpredictable and as women say its always a man eho is wrong. May be not u but many others say so. R girls not unpredictable and dangerous?
tanya i want to be ur friend. i know u may not be able to trust me yet. But then its now upto u. I told u whats in my mind and its upto u to decide.
@Tanya8 (1734)
No worries. I was coming back to apologize for going on a rant and using such graphic language. This discussion touches a nerve for me, because my father is constantly complaining about how unknown women misjudge him and act afraid. Often I feel like telling him exactly what I just told you, but like you said, it's pretty embarrassing material, and I water it down for his sake. I guess I've always wondered what the impact of telling him in detail what women go through would be. I'm totally fine, and have no difficulty trusting men. I've also noticed my city taking on more of a politically correct atmosphere in the last 15 years, and these types of incidents don't happen as much as they used to. It could be because I'm older and the men aren't as interested in bothering me, but my sister (who's a flight attendant) tells me that her young coworkers from other cities, love coming here, because it's one of the few places they can lie on the beach in a bathing suit without getting harassed. I just remember the days when it wasn't like that. You know, when I was younger and those things used to happen, I didn't even get that angry about it; it was just something mildly irritating that women used to have to put up with. Please don't feel bad for me. What happened to me happened to most women back then (and unfortunately still happens today in lots of other places).
@worthy (2413)
I think because girls like talking and for this reason they group together wherever they get a chance.The reason of insecurity might also be one of the reasons.Thanks.
HET THATS GREAT. So all girls love talking. But whats gonna happen to us guys who loves talking even more? hahahahahaha..... Ya may be thats a good justification.
@teleios (738)
i guess it depends on the kind of place you are in. i think the bus stop is where most purse or bag snatchings take place, so i guess women feel that they cold be safer standing next to other women, since one of the men may turn out to be a robber, snatcher, thief, etc. is this idea far fetched? this is my rationale on why i would stand next to other women more than men.
ya u r well justified regarding this.