A Little Confused

@mfpsassy (2827)
I read through a discussion the other day about someone who was upset that a group of people were handing out Bibles outside their childs school. This person made it seem like they did not believe in the bible. So a little while ago while looking through discussions I see this same person asking for prayers. Though I try not to judge to much doesn't it seem like a pretty fast about face? I was just wonder what you would think if you ran across that?
@mummymo (23707)
that is confusing sweets! People do seem to want prayers for a lot of things although they do not want to know about God , the bible or any other religion when things are going smoothly in their lives!xxx
@mfpsassy (2827)
Well maybe this has helped this person at least rethink their feelings on this matter. I find it a little sad that it takes some sort of mis fortune to at least open peoples minds
@mummymo (23707)
The other thing I was thinking after I posted this response that I have friends who while they do not themselves believe in the bible as they follow other beliefs are happy to have people of all faiths pray or light candles etc for people they love and care about! While I am a Christian I respect everyone's right to follow what they believe and would be happy to receive their own versions of prayer - positive thinking of any sort can help! Sorry if I sound hypocritical it is just the way I believe! xxxx
@mfpsassy (2827)
You are not being hypicritical and I was trying not to be I just found it a bit odd. I would like to think that I am respectful of others beliefs
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Oh I know the answer to that one! She was asking for prayers from people of any religon. She even said "All religions welcome". You see, which not all religions called their type of conversing with their deity or deities prayer originally, it's become a standard way of talking about that action. When I was a kid, I would never have said that I "pray" to my gods, because in my opinion it's more like having an ongoing conversation all the time than like prayer. But when conversing with people of other religions, it is good to use terminology that they understand. So just because someone says "prayer" doesn't really tell you what God or Gods it is they pray to. I hope that helps! I'd really hate to have you think badly of that person, as she is also my friend. =)
@mfpsassy (2827)
Oh Lecanis I am sorry I made it seem as if I thought badly of her. I don't. I did however think some of her one discussion went badly. After reading that discussion and then seeing her other one so soon after I was a little surprised. I do hope all turns out well for her family.
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Some of that discussion did go badly. It's a touchy subject. I was on that discussion too, but I sort of decided not to get too into it. Too many arguments I've just been around too many times. I'm glad to hear you weren't saying you thought badly of her. I know I've been accused of the same thing before, just because I often start discussions that are for all religions, and not just my own, and people make assumptions. It's hard trying to talk about things honestly without offending others. I know I often use terms that I wouldn't normally in order to make other peoplpe feel at home, or to get a point across to somene of another faith.
@mfpsassy (2827)
That is also why for the most part I stay clear of religious discussions. They tend to get out of hand. That's why I was trying to be a little vague in this one. Trying to keep it peaceful you could say
@Galena (9123)
lots of different religions pray.
@mfpsassy (2827)
Oh yes I realize that, but in their other discussion I was lead to think that they didn't. Trust me I am not saying it is wrong to ever ask for prayers. We all need them from time to time
@Galena (9123)
also, whether or not you beleive in all of the religions praying for you, there is a huge amount of power in positive thought. having people keep you in their thoughts can really be a positive thing.
@mfpsassy (2827)
I completely agree with that
@EvanHunter (4028)
hmm hard to understand someoens thinking you pretty much have to ask them. I myself am christian but I think if someone finds peace in another religion than who am I to knock it. Could be that they arent Chrisitan alot of religion who pray after all.
@mfpsassy (2827)
Yes I agree hard to understand. I also try hard not to knock any religions. Maybe they had a change of heart
I know that an on line forum such as this opens up worlds of fantasy for some people. But When I run into folks like that here in mylot, I try to steer clear of them. If I have someone on my friends list that I see continually flip flopping just to make conversation or discussions I get rid of them. I know that we all have layers, and some of those layers are in disagreement with each other, but you can tell after a bit if a person is just making a statement to gather in the posts and ratings. You can feel the honesty and sincerity after some time. I don't judge them, but I certainly do not entertain them.
@mfpsassy (2827)
It also makes me wonder when people do this, if they think that there are so many members here that many of us would not notice. I am alright with people being in disagreement, even within ourselves as long we are honest about it.