Problems Of The Elderly In The Society .

Thiruvananthapuram, India
Longevity - it is on the increase everywhere . Care of the elderly - it is becoming significant . The elderly face a lot of physical, emotional and financial problems and also mental trauma .They also feel very much lonely . It is time the young spend enough time for the welfare and caring of the elderly people .
@mummymo (23707)
We all need to take care of our elderly sukumar - they have sacrificed so much for us! For those of us in any doubt think about how you would feel if you reached old age and were left alone and helpless! xxx
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
Very nice of you to think of the elderly with love and compassion . Thanks for the response.
@Sherry12 (2475)
I agree. The elderly have worked hard and it is time we all started doing more for them. It makes me sick when I hear of an elderly person having to choose between getting needed medicine or having heat or food.
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
Yes ! the elderly are a poor suffering lot. thanks for responding . Wishes ... Sukumar .
@webeishere (36353)
My dad - 83 and still kicking. Not walking much but still kicking.
I am 53 years old as of yesterday. I have my father (83) lving with me and I am his caregiver. It's not easy work but it needs to be done as I love this man dearly. There is so much to do that most loved ones would rather put them into a nursing home to ease the stress on themsleves. I will not do this until he becomes bed ridden and needs to be fed. Until then I'll take care of my father for the love he has and the love I show him. Here's dad being lazy as usual. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
It's really great ..your love and affection for your dad .It is further great if you will provide whatever is necessary for his pleasure . All the very best to you and your loving dad .
@mari123 (1862)
the elderly is very pity as they have no offspring,they feel lonely and hard,and other elderly may be pain under the illness.so we must care for the elderly and give them help to cope with what the problems they face to.
@jennybianca (12913)
Yes, it is a big issue here in Australia, as the Baby Boomers reach pension stage, & then very elderly. Many want to be in retirement homes, but they are often very expensive. Then som of the elderly need to be in nursing homes, & they can take away your whole pension. Many of the elderly want to stay in their own homes, but need support. So our councils have what is called an "Aged Casre Package". Thgis is where the elderly person receives help showering & dressing, hanging their clohes up, taking them shopping, & doiung some housework & gardening. This enables a number of elderly people to stay in their own home.
@JessyBlue (536)
Very true sukumar. I use to work in an elderly care facility, I worked there for five years, and saw many elderly come in that were very neglected at home. The nursing home was always filled with elderly residents as well as all the other nursing homes in the area.
That is a good point but I really prefer the hope that I shall be healthy enough so I can take care of myself.
@winterose (39898)
in our country the pension plan will be empty once the babyboomers retire, there are more babyboomers than young people they say, In Canada
@healwell (1268)
• Ahmedabad, India
Well, the main thing is conceptual change in living and caring! When whole social scinario is changing then all will take advantage of that and go ahead! So people are feeling that lets arrange facility or separate arrangement for elders so that they are comfortable and we are also free to work as we like and live as we wish! I have seen people who have cared and provided exmple of living togethaer and their families are still doing same and they are also going with time but at the same time they consider life and togetherness is the real thing! I think culture as a whole and culture grasped at home has little difference! In so called modern life style the home base of culture is not followed that's why problems are becoming big and big!