Love on the rebound

@ellie26 (4133)
Malaysia
I dont believe in love on the rebound. I believe that when a couple breaks-up, there should be a time frame where they mend their broken hearts and it takes a long time for them to trust love again. Do you think love on the rebound can have a long lasting relationship? Do you think that they are really in love or just to make themselves entertained? Do you know anyone who has gone through this experience?
I believe it depends on the couple and the situation really. You never know, you could find exactly the person you need right after getting out of an old relationship simply because you finally found what you were really looking for all along. There, however, are people who make something similar to a career out of picking up people on the rebound and using their need for renewed intimacy to draw them in and get what they want. Once things become too committed they bail, leaving the person even more broken than before. So love on the rebound only works if both people genuinely care for each other and they take it slow.
@ellie26 (4133)
Hi silvernutbar, I have noted your response and rated accordingly. Thank you.
@Phlamingho (7831)
• Denmark
I think it can save a relationship, but on the other hand, if it dosen't save the relationship it can end up hurting even more.
@ellie26 (4133)
Hi Phlamingho, I have noted your response and rated accordingly. Thank you.
@huilee (1010)
Well, i guess its just t.t, when they are at their weakest pt, someone else is there... thus love on the rebound... i dun believe in it.. but i believe miracles do happens too... =P
@ellie26 (4133)
Hi huilee, I have noted your response and rated accordingly. Thank you.
@samson1967 (7422)
If it is a first love it really works. No one can easily forget their first love. I know a couple (met them just two days ago). He was a carpenter and drama artist, happily married with two daughters. He fell in love with co-artist, who ditched him. Unable to bear the dissapointment he stopped working, and started drinking from morning to evening. For more than 11 years he was like this on roads. He reunited with his wife, re-opened the carpentary shop, purchased the same model bike which he possesed 11 years ago.Now, his daughters are settled at USA & our man happily takes his wife on his bike for a jolly ride quite often as if they are newly married.
@ellie26 (4133)
Hi samson, I have noted your response and rated accordingly. Thank you.
@muscare (3069)
I agree with you. I think it is unfair on the person who goes into a relationship with one that has just broken up with someone. I often think that if someone is so quick to jump straight back into a relationship, how much did they love their ex?? Not enough, obviously. I don't really think rebound relationships work so well, it's almost like it is used as a crutch to get over a breakup.
@ellie26 (4133)
Hi muscare, I have noted your response and rated accordingly. Thank you.
@maddysmommy (16233)
Well in my experience it can. I actually met my husband not long after leaving my ex (after being with him for seven years). Mind you, our relationship had already ended well into the 5th year and we were just together for the sake of being together. I think I had already moved on and when my husband came along, we dated for a while, got married within a year and then had our son the following year. We are very much in love and happy so I think for some it can work.
@ellie26 (4133)
Hi maddysmommy, I have noted your response and rated accordingly. Thank you.