These Killing Lights

You never really notice how much the city lights wash out the stars until you are out of the city at night and you look at the sky. i was out kind of in the middle of nowhere visiting my aunt and uncle today. We left at about 10 after 10 at night and as we drove home, i couldn't help but be mezmerized by the beauty of the stars in the sky. i called my Jason because i knew he would be worried since i wasn't online and even then i still noticed the beauty of the sky. i remember when my town used to look like that. Now there is so much light pollution. The lights KILL the night sky. i mean, i know that if i want more to do in my city and all i have to take the bad along with it, but i really do miss the night sky. my family owns some property just outside the city up on a mountain and the view is spectacular. Almost makes me wish we could move up there, but i know i would go insane up there. It would be even harder to get out of the house... Oh well, i don't see it happening for a long time and hopefully by then i will be well enough to move out of the house.
you'd like arizona.where i lived they banned streetlights for the most part,because of the observatories. coming from the east coast,that pitch blackness was something i really had to get used to. the night sky was absolutely beautiful with the lights off though.
whoops-sorry about that-it double posted :(
i have been to Arizona. i would like it other than the fact that it is too hot and well...my ex lives there!
@Destiny007 (5820)
A couple of years ago we moved out into the country for nearly a year. The only lights were from what few houses were visible and a glow on the horizon from town that was several miles away. It was amazing...not only were the stars brilliant but the air was full of lightning bugs and they were everywhere. If it wasn't for health and mobility issues, I would love living in the country.
i bet that was lovely. i ust could never live in the country. i can't be out without anything around. It drives me absolutely insane.
you'd like arizona.where i live they banned streetlights for the most part,because of the observatories. coming from the east coast,that pitch blackness was something i really had to get used to. the night sky was absolutely beautiful with the lights off though.