What would you do?

What would you do if you found out that the child you had taken into your home, loved as your own her entire life, hurt your blood children? You were then told, by many, that keeping her in your home would be child endangerment to the other children in your home. You had a family member who was insistent on keeping her indefinitely, but you knew that her biological family would fight for her, and win. You were then informed, by social services that the biological family would be going to court to give her back and it would be in everyone's best interest to go ahead and let her go back with them. There were reasons that you had her in the first place, but it is possible for people to change. What would you do? Would you allow your family member (who's no blood to the child) to keep her temporarily, and fight the biological family, knowing that eventually she would be sent back to them anyways? Wouldn't that be more damaging to the child anyhow?
If I took a child that was not my own into my home and he/she hurt my kids I would not hesitate to send them to foster care if the behavior did not stop. you cannot allow this child to hurt your kids no matter what. and if the biological parents have really changed then they deserve their child back. Since social services are involved I would think they have investigated enough to know whether or not the parents are fit to raise him/her. If there is absolutely no chance that the child could stay with the non blood family then yes I would let the child go back. If I knew for sure I couldn't win and I would also ask the child what they want to do if he/she is old enough that is. You should make the transition as easy as possible for the child and if need be I would ask for a month of visitation for the biological family to get to know her first. That is alot harder on the child than keeping him/her from the family altogether. Good Luck on this
The child is 4...she has already been taken back by her biologically family. She had only been away from the for about 6 months and was allowed contact with them during those 6 months. It was a hard situation. Now, however, there are hard feelings from my family, because I let her go back. The family member of mine, who had her in their home for under a week, can't have kids of her own so she latched onto the child. Within a day of her being there, she was calling her mommy and such. It wasn't really hard on the child, it was something she's dealt with all her life. She is now doing good, with her biological family and is happy to be back there.
You know what all that matters is she is happy and she wouldn't be if it wasn't a healthy environment for her. I would just try to tell you family member that it is whats best for the girl. I'm sure she will forgive you it will just take some time.
It's been a while now, and I truly believe that the family member of my mine will never let it go. I've come to accept that. Thanks for the response!