Do you prefer cold or hot weather?

I prefer the hot summer over the cold winter because I just don't like cold weather, even if I can put on a ton of coats or clothes. In summer, I can jump in the pool. Do you prefer the heat of summer when temperatures reach as hot as 100 degrees or higher, or the dead of winter when temperatures dip to below freezing at 32 degrees Fahrenheit or lower?
@magnel (2263)
I like the cold weather much more than the summer, i would prefer to be forever in the cool climate... in the hot weather i don't scorching heat of the sun, it makes me sweat a lot...
for me, it will always be the hot weather that i will prefer. i wouldn't know how to deal adequately with the cold. since i got to be born in an equatorial country, i am used to deal only with the sun and the rain. i don't like it though when it gets too hot these days. the sun's heat really bites. it never used to be that way. although it sounds easy to be able to just jump into the pool during the extremely hot hours, neither can we stay in the pool for hours each day. extreme temperatures are really difficult to manage. we are only forced to accept them.
@latsmom (824)
I like both for different reasons. I like the winter because i like being all cuddled up in my thick clothes and the fresh breeze it brings. I like summer because everyone seem sso much happier and paces seem to slow down, apart from teh few who seem to get summer rage it seems there are a lot more smiling faces, adn I love watching my daughter playing in teh garden too.
Thanks for commenting on my discussion. Good points to validate either option here.
@soulist (2985)
I love it when the weather is neither hot nor cold. It's just right. When I can wear a pair of jeans and a nice shirt and not be sweating or freezing is the perfect weather for me. I love autumn and spring the most because that's when the weather is just perfect.
You know, why can't it just be like that all year round, neither too hot or cold but just right, kinda "Fallish!"
@suspenseful (40201)
I hate cold, I hate snow. I love summer. I can take 100 degrees. I cannot take 40 below. (it gets that cold and that's not counting wind chill in the winter.)
I'm with you on all of the above. I don't care too much for snow either. It is fun & pretty to watch it falling, and to enjoy taking the kids outside to play in it, but once a year and only an inch or two is enough for me!
Well, coming from Down Under, I guess the winter's not too cold and summer is just brilliant! In the full heat of summer though, I tend to look forward to cooler weather... and when it's been a little cold, wet and windy I yearn for the summer!! Just can't please some people, huh?!?!? ;)
so i surmise that the temperature is mostly friendly in your place. it is true that not all people can be pleased with the way the weather is going. we always have different preferences.
@KrisNY (7590)
I love them both- but if I had to choose- I'd choose summer- I love to be warm- I love to swim--- I love to ride bikes- I love to be able to walk outside without the fear of falling on ice. Summer is great! I also love the heat because it means my daughter is not in school- so she is enjoying her lazy hot days- at the pool- at a friends- at home with me-- So I'd choose the summer and hot weather!
@Divzs18 (441)
I prefer cold weather as I believe that it is quite easy to move out wearing coats or sweaters in a cold weather but it is much more difficult to go out in hot and humid temperature. It takes ur breathe away. So I like to go out in cool climate.
i mostly prefer cooool wheather
@stephcjh (38707)
I preferthe summer weather over the winter weather because you can get outside in the summer time and enjoy it. You can swim and cook out and lot of other things. I like to have a little bit of winter weather though around Christmas time because I like to see a little snow on the ground when I have my Christmas decorations up. I wish winter only lasted for a week though because my natural gas bill is outragious.
@steerforth (1798)
I prefer cold because if it's hot I don't want to do anything. With cold weather I can study in a better way and I stay better on pc.
Runningman72,are you like running in your daily life?It's an interesting name.For me,i agree with you.I prefer the hot summer over the cold winter.Though i am always biten by the mosquitoes.In winter,we must wear so many clother to keep warm and it looks like many penguins are going for a walk in our country.In summer i love to wear dresses.It makes me more beautiful.I love summer,however i don't like the temperatures reach as hot as 100 degrees.Oh i can't inmagine.I think the temperature keeping at 30 degrees is the best.haaaa:}
I like to walk or jog, but don't get outside as often as I would like. Hmmm, let me see, when I get up early in the morning, would I rather spend 30 minutes jogging, or 30 minutes on MyLot. Alas, it is a no-brainer ha ha ha. Yes, I tend to if anything, "run" my mouth a lot.
Thank you ,runningman72.I believe you must be a happy man.Best wishes for you !^^
@ashar123 (2357)
Temperature on this whole world have never reached to 100 degrees centigrade but -32 will be somewhere in south pole or north pole where people don't live. Only polar bears live there and in the deserts only camels are there where temperature reach almost 60 degrees centigrade. I love cool cloudy weather.
@leeloo (1492)
• Portugal
That is not quite true there are places in the world that are densely populated that have temperature of -32ºC/-25ºF such as Moscow, Russia and the coldest inhabited area was in Siberia in 1933 -68ºC/-90.4ºF with no modern heating conditions I can't even think how cold that is.
Hot or cold weather is just a matter of individual's choice. Some like hot and some others like cold but basically it is observed that people in hot countries run towards cold countries and vice cersa
• Pakistan
I prefer cold weather. Because here we experience sever summer in our country at South Asia. We pass very much hot weather here in Pakistan and India. We are living beneath the sun. we face the sun raise here perpendicularly specially in the month of May, June, July and August. We pay thanks to god when we get the cool weather of winter season. December and January are coolest months of the year. We enjoy winter keeping us warm and eating special foods and drinking special drinks of the year. We wear warm cloths in winter and go to hill station to watch and enjoy the snow falling in this season of winter weather.
Thanks for commenting on my discussion. We'd love to see some snow here. Our winter is pretty mild. It has been in the 50's mostly in Nov & Dec. Thanks, MartinezShopper
I live in Ohio and I love when summer comes...I would rather have 100 degree temperatures than below freezing, yuk! I think the main reason is because of the sunshine, much more in the summer and it makes me feel much better than the gloom of winter. If it was up to me I'd move to Hawaii, build a hut, live on the beach and eat coconuts. I only like the cold up until after January 1st for the Holidays, then it can all disappear and I'd be really happy. The older I get, the more I hate cold.
I'm with you as I personally prefer a warm summer day over a freezing winter day always. If I get too hot I can jump in the pool or whatever. I don't like having to wear 10 layers of clothing or all of those bulking winter coats.
@lols189 (4742)
i like the hot weather best as we never really see hot weather here in UK. we always have cold weather day in day out
Our weather is very nice here in the southern US. It does get a bit hot during the summer, but at least the winters are mild.
@sacmom (14231)
I personally like it in between hot and cold. Say somewhere in the mid 70's to low 80's (degrees). 80's with a nice light breeze. It is true that I can bundle up when it's cold and wade in a pool when it's hot, but I don't like doing those things and I would prefer having the temperature 'just right'. :P LOL
It would be nice if we could control the temperature outside with a thermostat, like we do indoors.
@stacyv81 (5904)
I like cold, because I love wrapping up in a blanket to get warm, In the summer, heat it is hard to get cool, unless you sit inside in the AC, Maybe its because I was born in Maine, I dont know but I hate really hot weather.
That is probably true that your being born in Maine might have something to do that. Was it near Augusta, Maine? The thing is that I was born in Augusta, Georgia, so the warm & hot weather with high, sticky humidity is something that I have come to enjoy and get used to, so I don't think I could move somewhere in Northern US & freeze!
I do not really like extremes. When it is really cold, it is too cold to do anything outside. When it is really hot, it is too hot to do anything outside. We do not have a pool. I prefer something in between. If I had to choose, I would choose winter. I like the idea of snuggling up to a fireplace with hot chocolate and watching the snow fall. I love a snow storm. The more snow, the more hot chocolate.
You have a good point. Mmmm, I love hot chocolate!
@safire (23)
i prefer warm weather than cold. i just can't sleep when it's so cold. when it's hot, i could just get a fan to cool me until i fall asleep :-)
Me too. Thanks for posting in my discussion.