do you know your blood type?

@indywahm (808)
i was just asked my blood type and realize that i do not know it. do you know yours. i guess i need to find out. it could be important to have it written somewhere in my handbag incase of emergency.
@carlaabt (3505)
I have mine written down on a card that I carry in my wallet, in case of an emergency. My husband, my son and I are all three O+, so it's easy for me to remember what their blood types are if I ever need to know. My husband's is written on the back of his miltary ID, too, though. So in an emergency they would know right away.
@Jessem (372)
• Mauritius
I know mine, its O+ve. I've known it since the first time i donated blood. I think its very important to know your blood type because who knows if one day someone u know is in need of blood, u can easily help him/her or even save his/her life. Who knows maybe u may have a rare blood type, maybe rhesus -ve, which only a small proportion of persons have worldwide.
@ibuemma (2954)
it's kind of important for me also...i have history few times stay in the hospital...i rather know when the nurse ask than have them poke my finger everytime they want to know LOL. Mine is B+
Actually I do know my blood type. The day I found out is when I was a senior in high school and we had some sort of blood drive. Well I gave out my blood and they gave me a card that said O negative. That means I can basically save anyones life, because my blood goes with any blood type.
@aleeming1 (163)
I dont remember mine, but all I know is that it is one of the common ones that everyone has. My mom has the really rare one that hardly anyone has though.
It is important to know. I found out by donating blood for the first time. But I think that you can also find out by asking your doctor--it should be in your medical file somewhere.