Have you seen a Shooting Star before

To be honest, I had reached the age of 33 with out seeing a shooting star even once. Have you? What did you do then?
@oasis_9 (832)
Yup i have several times and i make a wish everytime i see one... Try star gazing in the morning like at 1am or something for sure you'll see your very first falling star
They are so beautiful aren't they?
Thanks for that info. I will look out from my window after midnight.
@mari_skye (1638)
I'm not sure if it is considered a shooting star. It was I think a meteor shower. I remember it was back in my sophomore year in college. A friend and I went to visit another friend just a walking distance from our place. We were discussing things about a school project outside their house. We were sitting on a flight of stairs going to their house and having a wonderful time chatting when my friend said, look a shooting star, make a wish quick! LOL! But the star was quicker as it disappeared fast. Then there was another and another until we cannot count how many shooting stars there was. It was magnificent.
Ibet I will cry when I see a shooting star or a meteor shower because of the beauty.
@tredale (1313)
I have seen hundreds of shooting stars. You get to make a wish of course.lol but cant tell you what I wished for due to it wont come true if I tell. I lived in the southwest of western australia for most my childhood and would be out in the padocks and nearly every night there would be a shooting star they are really beautiful.
If they wont make my wishes come true, at least I will take pleasure in the wonderful site. Thanks.
@twils2 (1812)
I see a few of them a year but there was this one year a few decades ago that me and this girl were out camping with the singles group in our church and I think we counted about eighty or so shooting stars. It was quite a site but we never did get any sleep that night. lol. Take care, Terry
@carryli (876)
Yes, I was in the third grade of high school, an evening,there was a very spectacular meteor shower, I and my many classmates got up to watch a meteor shower. This meteor shower is really too beautiful and too magnificent, I will never be forgotten .^_^^_^
I have never seen it yet. Perhaps the pollution cause it. I don't know.
Yes, I have seen a shooting star before. Actually come to think of it I've seen one twice. I'm not a very supersticious person, but I was always told to wish on one so both times I did and it later came true! A few years later, but hey their are a lot of star wishers so I was happy to get my wish eventually!
@Debs_place (10524)
I was in my 40's before I saw one, we were driving home from a hockey game and out in the country. I wanted my son to see it, but by the time I got his attention it was gone. I always look out for them, but I guess I am not very lucky.
@Debs_place (10524)
yaaaaa i have seen shooting stars and i guess that they bring gud luck charm to you, it is said that wishes made after seeing shooting stars come true and i too belive this saying..... so gud luck n never forget to make a wish when you see a shooting star next time
@tigerdragon (4297)
maybe you have but you never gave yourself a chance to notice it during your younger years.remember ,when we were kids we just take things for granted because we thought it was normal until we realize that it's not then suddenly we start looking for it.just like your shooting star.if you want ,just stand on a clearing where there are no lights at all,usually on a mountain top, then look up into the night skies and you will see a lot because there are millions of asteriods going through our atmosphere.
@santuccie (3382)
I think I have, but to be honest, I can't remember whether it was real, or just a dream. All I remember is that it was fast. And I'm not talking about something like watching the Blue Angels at Moffett Field; it was waaaaaaaay faster than that. Millions of miles away, yet it fell from the lofty sky and disappeared beyond the horizon in barely a second. If something like that were ever to hit us, no one would ever feel a thing!
i have seen a shooting star several times. i usually make a wish and i always think of AFI's song Seath of Seasons. "i watch the stars as they fall from the sky. i held a fallen star and it wept for me, dying. i feel the fallen stars encircle me now as they cry." It really is a beautiful song and it makes me want to cry. You would think it would be a really melodic song, but it is actually rather hardcore. Anyhow, yes, i have seen falling stars and they make me kind of sad becuas ei know the star is dying...
@lynboobsy11 (11345)
Yes many times specially when I'm in the province that's very dark. Once I remember I was in the middle of the farm and only the light of a moon can see the farm and when you see the sky it's like you can reach the stars. And I enjoy watching so many shooting stars falling successively in to the sky and what faunny is every time I saw I wish something in each fall. Hehehe
@lyndee22 (1211)
Yes I have seen many times and I always make a wish as they fall on earth.
ya in my life i have seen many a times shooting stars.......it looks very nice in a fraction of seconds it vanishes.......
@vonne28th (1494)
Yes,i've seen a lot. WHen i was on my grandparent's farm before,i always saw a shooting star,and i always wished when i saw some of them falling. Its really fabulous! they said shooting stars melt before they could reach the ground. And believe it or not,i've also seen a comet.
hi, there r so many myths with the shooting stars...I stay in a town of heavy rainfall and most of the time the sky is cloudy. It’s quite difficult for us to find any shooting stars during the nights here. But occasionally during a nice weather I do see once or twice a shooting star passing by in the dark atmosphere. I did make a wish just before it disappeared in the vast darkness. But I doubt its significance. i dont think it would grant u any wish
Yes, but only once in my entire twenty years of looking. Okay, I wasn't looking my entire life, but still, I always wanted to see a falling star. A couple of weeks ago, I went up to Baguio City to meet my family there. We were staying for a weekend. That Saturday night, while having dinner at an outdoor diner, 50's Diner and they serve really huge servings, I looked up just in time to see a shooting star. It was so quick, however, that I didn't have time to make a wish. Yes, I'm quite old for making wishes upon falling stars, but still, it was my first time to see one and I was very excited. I doubted it at first, couldn't believe it was a falling star, but my sister, who was sitting beside me, said she saw a falling star. So there, finally, I've seen one.
@checapricorn (16065)
really? maybe you're the typ eof person who doesnt look up much..joke! I always see it and wish right away..lol, part of superstitious belief in the Philippines! But, I love doing it though..Its fun!