How can I feel this way? I feel happy to get a break and sad at the same time

I have to say I love my daughter with more than my whole heart. However she is on her way to the airport going to NY. I was looking forward to her going for the month. I am thinking ok Now I can get a break. I can rearrange her room,paint etc. I can also get a moment to just breathe. She is so darn hyper and it is killing me. Oh How glad I was to get that Mona vie today. It calmed her tale down before she left. I just feel so bad now because I know they will all complain in Ny. I always hear someone saying sit you bouncing azz down. Or can't you sit still for a minute? Stop running up up those stairs. I am just glad to get a bit of time alone. I also feel like crying because I know she can't hep it. Oh how bad a mom I feel right now. Is this going to go away after a while? She just kept asking are you happy I am leaving today? I just kept giving her hugs and telling her to behave herself.
@sedel1027 (17851)
It will be okay. My son goes away for at least 3 weeks every summer to visit my ex-in-laws in another state. Enjoy your break and don't feel guilty!
I am cleaning out her closet and enjoying the peace and quiet. She did not want to get off the phone this morning. I guess she misses me as well. She is bored till 3pm. School is still in in NY. She has no idea I'll be popping in on her in 2 weeks. :)
@sedel1027 (17851)
That is ngood you are getting the cleaning done. My son is due back this weekend anf I have only gotten maybe half of his room done. He knows I am cleaning everything out, just easier to do when he isn't here. I bet she will be happy to see you.
@jbb316 (1779)
After a couple of days to yourself, you will really start to miss her. It might make things better when she gets back because you will miss her so much and appreciate her and maybe she will appreciate you too.
I am loving it already. I am cleaning out her junky closet. Washing all her clothes and putting them away for her. I am feeling better today. I was just needing some alone time for myself. I think I'll be moving back up North that way I'll be with friends and family. That may relieve some of the stress.
Absamalutly! dont be sad she,ll be back before you know it , enjoy your self, we all go through it. when our kids go away, just wait till later when she leaves home to make her way in life you will be happy but sad then too, she will be home bouncing around soon enough, go get some movies, take a friend to lunch, go to the park, enjoy!
@winterose (39897)
do you think mothers are saints? they are normal people with emotions just like any one else, and everyone is entitled to a break once in awhile.
@deebomb (15319)
Efery mom that loves thheir kids also like to get a break from them. It can renew you. I loved my kid but also would like to hang them in the closet once in a while. don't beat yourself up because you aare relieved to be a way from her for a while. It dosen't mean you are a bad mom. It means you are normal becauses you are missing her at the same time. Relax and enjoy yourself.
@laltu86 (1253)
everyone is entitled to a break once in awhile.enjoy your self I'm sure you daughter will have a great time.It is ok to feel happy that you are getting a break from your daughter. A hyper child can make a parent exhausted also. I am sure after a couple days you will be wanting her back home and the month will probably drag out for you without her there
@sjohnson628 (3197)
Aw. Is there anything the Dr. can do for your daughter? It is ok to feel happy that you are getting a break from your daughter. A hyper child can make a parent exhausted also. I am sure after a couple days you will be wanting her back home and the month will probably drag out for you without her there. Enjoy your time to get things done and I would let it be a surprise that you are painting her room and rearranging it!