Are you superstitious?

Me? Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. To be honest, there are some superstitions that I observe because I believe there really is nothing to loose but I do not observe those that were really stupid.
@mummymo (23707)
I am not superstitious at all! I don't walk under ladders but that is because I don't want them to fall on top of me and I won't let anyone put shoes on a table but these types of things are down to common sense rather than superstition! xxx
@a_ce_e (1427)
Not really. However elders influence me sometimes in other supertitious belief. One of the supertitious belief i guess i will follow is, wear your wedding gown only during the day of your wedding else there are some situaion will happen which will refrain you from getting married the person you will marry. There are also some supertitious belief which i really don't believe it is when you sing in fron of the kitchen while cooking, you will remain single for the rest of your life. Sounds funny for me, i still keep singing whenever i feel and as a result my mood affects the taste of our food and taste better.
@sizzle3000 (3038)
I too am not superstitious all the time. I will not walk under a ladder but that is just because I do not think it is safe. I don't have a problem with black cats. I actually like them. Holloween is one of my favorite holidays. I do have a horse shoe on my front door for luck and my husband carries a four leaf clover in his wallet for luck. We can all use a little extra luck every now and then.
@aj2006 (1536)
Sometimes Yes but most of the time, Not! But I come to think about it though, I think it's not bad to really believe in superstition, it depends on how we handle it.. nothing to lose, in the first place.. :)
Earlier today when giving my stepson and his girlfriend a ride back to her house, I turned from my regular route to avoid crossing the path of a black cat. Littler bugger ran right out across the road. Sorry, I feel there may be some truth to that, and if not then nothing was hurt by my turning off onto another road.
@aprilgrl (4460)
No not really. I had a black cat run through my path and nothing bad happened. it's just an old tales.
I am not superstitious. You can not find anything relates to it at my home. What I believe in is based on the science.
@seksiconnie (1173)
i do believe of it, coz some of them happened already.. and i'm afraid to have it with me all the time.. i alway's ask my mom...most specially when i don't know what to do.
Yes and No. I am with certain things and others I feel are just daft or silly. such as throwing salt over your shoulder (is something I don't follow) ~Joey
I am not at all. However, my mother was very superstitious, and raised her kids that way. But, it didn't rub off on me. I put my faith and trust in God alone.
@worldwise1 (14887)
I think that most people are superstitious about something, hersmart. I know that I hate it when a mirror breaks or a picture falls off the wall. I pretty much outgrew most of them though.
@roniroxas (10574)
when i ws still a kid my mom always told me not to cut my nails at night for the reason she cant explain. i will just tell her what if i am in american and there has a different time from the phil what time can i cut my nails? tricky ehh. i am superstious sometimes just like you if i know that it has some kinda logis into it but if there is not no need to be.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I think the craziest one in my family on my moms side is one I sort of belive. Not to wash clothes on New Years Day or not to Iron or someone in the family will die. I beleive this because it has happened before. So on nnew year's day in America I will not wash clothes or iron.
@nannacroc (4049)
I'm not very superstitious but I do always salute and greet a lone magpie to prevent sorrow.
@miryam (6507)
a few.i'm italian land of superstition, but i not believe serius i believe in a fate, in a desteny....one black cats are only a cat......miaoooooooooo myry
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
These things were fun to avoid when I was little. Now, they are fun to do, just to make others panic. My favorite one to do is to open an umbrella in the house.
@sunshinecup (7880)
I don't know if it's superstitious or just a beleif in Karma, but I do think what you put out, comes back to you. So I try to treat others the way I wish to be treated and I watch who I poke fun at and for what, cause it could come back to me. This heavy girl was flirting with my first husband. I mean straight in my face, so I called her the whale any time I referred to her. Well wouldn't you know it, in 1 year time I went from a size 10 to a 18! Yep, what comes around goes around. Learned that one the hard way.
@disvachic (10120)
In some cases i am.Like i dont put my purse on the floor because in my family they always say it brings bad luck.New years day we let a man walk in our door first and we cook black eye peas on that day.Never to walk under a ladder dont sweep nobody's feet.
@TerryZ (22083)
Thats how I feel about superstitions. Like dont walk under a ladder! And dont open your umbrella in the house. LOL Yea right. Dont put your shoes on the kitchen table. I think some of them are pretty funny.LOL
@derek_a (10897)
I am not generally superstitious, but there will always be something in the back of my mind I suppose. I think this may be the case with most people. However, I don't give in to it. :-)