Making your own salad dressing

@LittleMel (14036)
Do you make your own or do you just buy one at grocery store? My husband makes his own and I usually just get one at the store. Sometimes we just mix them together just to see how it tastes, sometimes it work, sometimes it's just a mess. The last time was a mess. I mixed my husband's home-made dressing with this dressing we have in the fridge for sometime now. It could be just the wrong mix or it could be an old one, I can't even read the label. So now we're not fond of mixing them together anymore.
@mimatexas (1835)
No, I don't make my own, I usually buy the Ranch dressing. Pass me your husband's recipe, maybe I like it and will make it from now on.
@LittleMel (14036)
sure, let me get him write it down and send it through PM
@polachicago (19073)
I like just lemon and salt as my salad dressing. I use lemon for all vegetables, fresh and cooked...
@LittleMel (14036)
I've seen people use salt and lemon too, with some pepper. I know someone who uses vinegar for everything from cooking to dressing.
@adidas7878 (2013)
i dunno how to make any salad dressing so i go and buy them or get them when i go out to eat, i dont usally make salad at home anyway, so i never make any dressing.
@LittleMel (14036)
what an easy single life :) buy salad and dressing when you want to eat, never have to do grocery and cook
@KATRINKA (1658)
I rarely make my own salad dressings, unless it's something I don't already have in my refrigerator. Our supermarket has such a wide variety that I just buy up a bunch of different flavors, so there's always something to satisfy a craving.
@LittleMel (14036)
we have a lot of choices here too, from grocery stores to farmers market. but my husband always likes to try making his own, sometimes it works, sometimes it's a total failure
I buy Ranch Lite at the grocery store for tossed salad.(my favorite) Everything else I make homemade: slaw, potato salad, pasta salad, cucumber salad. I have made my own dressing for tossed salads with a vinegar and oil mix, that has always turned out well for me. I don't mix my creations with the store bought dressings. It would probably come out horrible that way for me too. We eat a lot of salads and use a lot of dressings, nearly everyday.:)
@LittleMel (14036)
I love that ranch dressing, but you're right, mixing it with homemade kind of ruin it :) we use a lot of herbs in our homemade dressing, with olive oil