What makes you respond to others?

@gr8life (6252)
Malaysia
I have an important question to ask our mylot members here. Whenever you sign in to mylot, and start to look for a discussion to respond, what is the criteria for you to decide which discussion you want to respond and why? I can see some of the discussion is just a normal and everyday topic but receive hundreds of responses. Some are good topic but the responses are not good. Do you respond because you have something to talk about it or because you see many people already responded to the discussion and it is one of the good way for others to 'see' you, check your profile later and respond to your discussion as well? Lets share your opinion with me and others here. Thank you!
Whenever I log into mylot, I tend to find something which suits my taste that day. Some of the days, I enjoy talking about light subjects like everyday life and stuff. But sometimes I would love to share something serious. So it really depends on the mood of the day. But most importantly, I would reply to discussions only when I have something more than two lines to talk about. I love to give more details on the responses and usually I would think about my responses in my head first and see they would be more than two lines. If so, I would go ahead and hit the button to respond!
@gr8life (6252)
Hi wondericequeen, I don't go for a very serious discussion. It is hard for me to think and think ... :) and I still find that it is hard for me to respond on a lighter subject. Like you, I don't want my response to be just one or two lines. If I can't think nicely, it is better not to think at all :)
Right and I find it harder on some of the days to respond to around 20-25 discussions (a goal that I set for myself). I find it easy to respond to around 10 discussions a day but if more than that I would start to feel the pressure which is not good.
@gr8life (6252)
I can see it myself that your responses are always good. Sometimes, I do feel so tired to think of it and I just delete whatever I already typed here. I guess I wasted so much time, sometimes! Well, good luck to both of us!
@mari_skye (1638)
Hmmmm... I do not really have a "criteria" when responding to discussions. It depends mainly if I am interested with the topic and that I have something to share. Somehow it is easier to respond to day to day topics because most of us have had experience to share or that we have something to tell. As for the thought provoking topics, I tend to reply on those discussions that I really know something about.
@gr8life (6252)
Hello mari_skye, Thank you for your response. As for me, I don't like to think too much on what I am going to write. I will go for a light stuff and reply if I have something to say. I don't like to respond with just one or two lines. Have a great day and enjoy your 'stay' here with us :)
@1qazxsw2 (512)
I will check on the new discussions and see which topics which I think I can contridute my 10cts worth of thoughts..oops..actually in Mylot it would be mebbe 0.1cts worth of thoughts..hehe. After responding to those, I will then start to post my discussions..and responding to responses to my discussions if any.. I have troubles getting responses to my topics as well..but what I gathered so far from other MyLotters..those who have many responses to their seemingly normal topics are because they have many many friends and they are like just responding among their groups to increase earnings perhaps??
@gr8life (6252)
Hello 1qazxsw2, Maybe you are right. I came across the same answer too before as why some of our friends here have many responses to their discussions. So now, maybe we should form our own group? *laugh*
I have noticed the same thing for my own discussions. Whenever I post a personal rant against my husband or best friends, I get lots of responses. But, for other topics like serious health concerns, very few. Perhaps, it's because of the way I phrase my discussions. Maybe others don't feel they could add anything to the conversation. Certainly I am working harder to make my discussions more interactive so people will feel comfortable posting. As, for me, friends always come first on My Lot. So, I check out friend discussions first and reply to as many as possible, before moving on to hot topics later if I have any time. Mostly I like responding to personal discussions, because they don't require any kind of expertise, just an opinion. I liked this question, though and decided to respond because you asked my opinion. And I like giving my opinion. Thanks for the opportunity!
It respond to any discussions that would catch my interest and also if I know that I have something to share. I will never respond to any discussion when all I can say is "thank you" or "sorry I dont know." I usually find these discussions on my friend's profile or under the topics under my interest.
• Pakistan
well firstly when i log in to mylot i first see the first page of today's hot topics i respond to those discussions then i move on to my friend's discussion and there are so many open that i just respond there and if i have time left i just respond to recent discussions.
@binny29 (1527)
its simple becasue to know what others think and this helps me to think further and to share your ideas about a topic
@naadia (830)
it is not some predefined criteria!i always respond to a discussion which appeals me more.i will open that discussion and check others comment and if i have something to say about the discussion i will post a reply.but mostly i prefer topics about movies,mylot,daily issues,children etc.i dont post to a discussion unless i have something to say.but i respond to some discussion that is not in my interest just to maintain healthy relation between friends!but i dont like to post some discussion which talks about referral programs!i heard that mylot will delete that discussion also if i reply to that post my post too got deleted,and affect rating!