What makes a person kill their whole family?

To me this would be the hardest thing to do because you are supposed to love these people? Do they kill them because they don't want them to suffer after they are dead? What about the other family members,friends who remember the children? Are things that bad in your life that you have to take it? God Bless
@Thoroughrob (11748)
I cannot imagine that things could get that bad. You never know what is going through someones mind.
I think they do it because they feel that they have failed themselves AND their family. That they couldn't take care of them properly, even though they love them, so no one else (who would obviously love them less) would be able to either. So, they think its better to just kill everyone, rather than have anyone else try to do what they couldn't. They also don't want anyone taking over their "responsibilities." It's a sad and desolate soul, in terrible pain, who even considers doing this. There have been many times when I've felt that life was just too painful to continue, that my purpose in living is so vague as to be meaningless. Luckily, I also know that the feeling will pass, and that my life does have a purpose -- even if I don't know what it is.
@liyan97 (2128)
• Northern Mariana Islands
I really don't know why someone would do that! I beieve that anyone who commits such a heinous crime, suffer from some kind of mental illness like bipolar. They probably feel like loosers and don't want to continue to live up their familes expectations. It is sad, when a crime like that taken place especially when their are children involved:(