need some ideas please

@aretha (2538)
on the 4th or town is having like a little fair with kiddie rides,games,music, fire works and some other things. it is all free but we need to take our own food,drinks and chairs. i am trying to come up with some different food to take. we have been eating alot of sandwiches so we're getting a little tired of them. it is an all day thing we would need enough for supper and lunch. i am looking for ideas for different sandwiches or picnic food. any ideas would be great.
Usually when I go on picnics I like to bake a couple chickens the night before, let them cool a bit than pick the meat off and have shredded chicken sandwiches or if you are tired of sandwiches just serve the chicken with some potato chips, and other things you prefer. It's pretty good, that is if you can stand to eat cold chicken. Also cubed watermelon and other melons, make a good picnic snack or of course any fruit of your own liking.
@aretha (2538)
oh yes watermelon was the first thing i thought of. we love watermelon. my middle son and husband would like the chicken but my oldest son and i don't eat it. yes i know i am weird like that but i don't like chicken. i would be happy with the fruit though so maybe my hubby would like that. thanks a bunch i think he would love that
Nah not that weird. There are a few people that I know, that don't like chicken no matter how it is served. So you and your son aren't alone lol. Also I was thinking that baby carrots, cucumber slices, and bell pepper would make a nice picnic food, along with some ranch dressing, or whichever one prefers. Dang I'm making myself hungry just thinking of it..lol and I just had breakfast not to long ago. I think a snack may be in order here.
@aretha (2538)
oh cucumber and ranch! oh that sounds yummy i may have to get some for later. i am not sure why but i think the fruits and veggies taste different here in the south. the baby carrots have a funny taste to them. we love them and my kids will sit and eat them by the bag but for some reason that just don't taste the same here and they aren't getting eatin. the cucumbers are good though. maybe i am just weird but i was wondering if its because of the different dirt. who knows with me.lol
@freak369 (5122)
If it's going to be an all day thing, try to keep it simple. Sandwiches are great but as you said, you might be getting burned out on them. How about a huge fruit salad that you can 'skewer' with other things like cubed ham, cheese and salami. The skewers can be plastic or wood so make sure the kids stay close to you when they are eating them. Kids like the idea because they can pick out what they want to have and most of it is on the healthy side.
@aretha (2538)
that might be a good idea i was already thinking of fruit and that would be fun for the kids. i like the ham idea it would be different then sandwiches and still simple. thanks a bunch