Would you post a poem you wrote for a chance to win money?

@Feona1962 (7527)
Would you post your poem on the internet in hopes of winning money, or would this be a huge mistake, as in someone stealing your poem and making their own...I have never done this, because I am afraid of someone stealing my work..How about you, has anyone done this and have you won money, or was your poem stolen? Let me know...
i did the poor man's copyright. and then i posted it in poetry.com. that is the only thing i can suggest.
@Feona1962 (7527)
That is what I did too! Thank you....
@Signal20 (2281)
Do the poor man's patent. Write it out, put it in an envelope and mail it to yourself. Then when you receive it, don't open it. That way, if it is ever "stolen", you have proof you wrote it, and it's dated by the post mark on the envelope. I'm sure this would work as well, type it out, and email it to yourself. That way you also have a date on it through the email. But, I don't know if that would be as accurate, I'm sure there's ways to adjust the dates on emails....
@Feona1962 (7527)
Thank you, that is an awesome idea..
I would not. Only because I take this art seriously. Poetry shouldn't be used for money. It's aweful! They read the poem and say " Oh I liked the part when this this that this that" and "Oh hey that's my favourite" and you ask why and they say "coz it sounds good"... NO... it does NOT sound good. I don't want to know what sounds good... I want to know how the reader feels about MY feelings... poetry for money... how disheartening.