Immigration bill turned down again

How do you feel about illegal immigration? What do you think should be done? I am talking about illegal immigration, illegal being the key word, not legal immigration. This country is a melting pot and I like it that way. So please only comment on your feeling about illegal immigration
@sunshinecup (7880)
I am not sure what should be done. One comment I read here on mylot is that it's invasion and to tell the truth I agree with them. When we have this many immigrants illegally entering our country as we do, it's every bit invasion. Maybe our laws need to be adjusted towards that. It should be consider a high crime for entering our borders without permission and they should be more done than giving them free handouts for doing so.
I agree, the problem comes in when all those farmers that use the illegals for cheap labor, pay big bucks to lobbyists to get laws to go in their favor. For me personally I dont see any need for those lobbyists, do away with them and maybe we will get some laws that are laws truly good for the people not whoever paid the most money
@castleghost (1304)
How do I feel about illegal immigration? It angers me that illegal immigrants seem to have more rights in the United States then the American citizens do. I find it disrespect to our laws that they think that they should cross the border illegally because that is what they want to do. If they are willing to break that law how many other laws are they willing to break so that they can get their way. We need to build the fence around our borders and start enforcing the laws that are already on our books. Send the illegal immigrants back to their own countries. If they really want to live in America they need to apply just like veryone else. I understand that it can be a lengthy process but its only right that the illegal immigrants follow the same rules as everyone else.
I agree and I have to add one sore spot for me is the amount of tax payers money they eat up in medicaid costs. Our citizens have a hard time getting medicaid but not them, and they dont even pay taxes nor do they have any interest in paying taxes. They take all their earnings back to their country of origin there by not even giving back to the economy or society that supports them. I think that is my biggest problem with illegal immigrants
@babostwick (2037)
I feel like illegal immigration is a huge problem and think it's ridiculous how they get handed everything. I think they should either make an effort to be citizens or leave the country. I have no problem if they decide they want to be legal citizens and want to take a test, that's fine. At least it shows willingness to be a US citizen. I don't mind people coming from other countries as long as it's done legally.
I agree, illegal is the key word. If you are here illegally then you need to go home and come back legally. I have no problem with giving them visa work cards, but once the work is over go home and reapply